Okay, Okay...New Plan. V4 Pro Suite and M4 Pro Suite

Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
edited September 2013 in New Users

As noted in my other topic (with a completely unrelated subject line), I am thinking of picking up these two content packs:

V4 Pro Suite
M4 Pro Suite

The Platinum Club price for each is unbeatable compared to trying to assemble anything like it with separate purchases, and since I have almost nothing in the way of the Gen 4 figures, this appears to be the most cost-effective AND the best value proposition available at this time.

Not even the current "Gen 4 Throwback" promotion is as cost-effective if you consider what you have to spend to

A - get the "free" V4/M4 Pro Bundle...

...and then...

B - make add-on purchases to get anywhere close to V4/M4 Pro Suite

For example, just buying the Elite, muscle textures+morphs, and clothing packs could end up approaching the cost of the whole suite!
Additionally, it seems to me that buying one or both of the Suites and installing "everything" through DIM would simplify my administrative work as a user.

Question 1: Am I on the right track of thinking...or is there something I'm forgetting or not considering?

Question 2: Is the current Platinum Club discount for the two Pro Suites really the best I can expect in the near-term, or is there sometimes a way to knock a little bit more off them (coupons or current deals that I may not be aware of)? I'll spend the money, if there's no other way. But I always vote for spending less of it if possible! ;-)

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2013

You can't get better than FREE. Buying three products at 50% to get free PRO bundles is a no brainer if you don't have the V4 or M4 stuff. IF you'll use it or think you'll use it. Buying things you'll never use isn't a good deal :) As mentioned elsewhere, there is usually a new figure coming out when this older stuff is deeply discounted- but the Generation 4 models are the most widely used and not going anywhere. Lots of good clothing and poses for them, great variety.

Post edited by Novica on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited September 2013

I have reviewed both suites and I think chances are high-to-excellent that I'll use the stuff that comes in the Suites (over and above the Pro Bundles).

Hmmm, on further thought: Are you suggesting that if I am already going to get 3 (or 6) PA products, that I go ahead and use the codes for V4 Pro Bundle or M4 Pro Bundle, and then later if I decide to get any V4 or M4 add-ons, such as the elite packs or muscle morphs, etcetera, that I just go ahead and buy the whole suite at that time?

If so, that out-of-the-box logic has a lot of merit. I could get some backgrounds and accessories, maybe some Carrara skies and domes NOW and also get V4 Pro Bundle and M4 Pro Bundle NOW and start working with them today. And later, when I want to advance (for example to V4 Elite or M4 Muscles), then just plan and time my purchases for the full Suites for either V4 or M4.

It buys me time; maybe a couple months while I learn and practice. And believe it or not, it STILL saves money over the long haul, as long as I'm careful not to purchase any individual packs that are also included in the V4/M4 Pro Suites, especially since I think I'll eventually use all that stuff.

I have a lot more thinking to do, thanks!

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Don't think too long, Daz likes to be mysterious and pull offers without warning.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

I bought both the V4 and M4 pro suites some time ago, and I think they are a good value, especially if you can find them on sale. The elite skin textures that come with both suites are very good.

I have used a lot of the clothes that come with the suite, but not all of the it, at least not yet. It depends one what kind of images you want to do.

The M4 pro suite also includes the male genitals, if that is a factor for you. I'm not sure if the M4 pro bundle does. The genitals are no longer listed in the suite description, but I assume they are still included.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I went for the M4 Pro bundle first since I have absolutely squat for him short of morphs++, creature morphs, and a few characters from RDNA. V4 things are a dime a dozen (although it was 3 V4 outfits from Littlefox I bought to get the M4 Pro LOL).

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited September 2013

Well, I bought some stuff in two separate transactions last weekend and got Vic 4 Pro and Mic 4 Pro (both bundles) for free. Precisely that logic, get the free ones now and don't buy anything from the "Studio" bundles separately. There's just too much value in getting the whole Studio pack when that time comes, especially for somebody who got the "pro" bundle free along with other stuff I know I'll use.

Now I see Aiko and Freak are part of the same deal. I can probably get them too with some fairly inexpensive PA purchases. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'll bet two more will be added in a few days. :cheese: