BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►► AUTUMN EDITION ◄◄◄◄ INSPIRATION HALLOWEEN

Comments

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Very mysterious indeed Jay.

edited December 1969

Ok... here's my final render of the 'witching hour @ the ruins'.

I reworked the witch in DAZ. Made my own moon in Bryce. Changed out the jack-o-lantern with more regular pumpkins. Added ghosts, black pigeons, and the black cat from DAZ. The only post work in PSP is the black border and my sig at the bottom.

650 x 490 - 60K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Sean: After reading others' posts I went back and look at a larger version of your marvelous scene; I also found the spider web. What struck me is that while I know there is water below the banister it doesn't look all that much like water. I know you said you wanted a good reflection but I wonder if some very small ripples would still allow a good reflection to occur. With the plants you have in the scene surely there would be frogs, or other creatures, moving around in that water. And I wonder if the water color shouldn't be a nudge darker blue, reflecting the darkness of the sky. Can't wait to see the finished scene.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited December 1969

@mermaid0, the spiderweb is on the left side of the image, on the stair columns down and to the left of the light fixture. Oddly it's invisible in the default forum image post, (maybe the lines are just too thin), but if you click on the image for the larger version, then it becomes visible.

Thanks Sean, I only found the web after using my magnifying glasses. I downloaded the bigger version and zoomed and zoomed and there it was. Like Guss I look forward to see the completed one.

goofygrmom3- the render is looking very nice.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

chohole: you will have to tell me more about the mound in the dark grove....Cool render!!

Dave; I like him looks like a dance number he is doing

Jay; That is pretty scary....

Sean; I like it just the way it is...I like that you can see the stars in the water...and I found the spider web right away those things creep me out...

Betsy; Super job on your render the moon is awesome!!

I am calling this a final..I have been messing with it for two days and I am over it...Called The Witches Ball.....Trish

witches_party2.jpg
    1386 x 691 - 770K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

chohole: you will have to tell me more about the mound in the dark grove....Cool render!

It is actually quite a famous place, and as wikipedia has done quite a good article on it I will link you there
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryn_Celli_Ddu

Plus some photos http://www.geograph.org.uk/search.php?i=3568870

It's a fascinating place as the cairn has been built on top of an older Henge.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole; What a neat place, I enjoyed the article and photos...Thanks..Trish

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited October 2013

Cheers...bullit...yours works very nice, too. Oddly enough, what catches my eye (warning, I have a weird eye sometimes) is the background with trees and the misty-like feel to it overall. It 'sends' back the picture, I think, giving it depth.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Jay;Thank you ...I learned that from Dave

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited October 2013

Dave; I like him looks like a dance number he is doing

"Him"? really? :-) It's Vicky 4

Indeed, it's a Halloween show from the cast of The Miserables... (Not to be confused with a French themed musical with a similar name). :lol:
    And here's the latest version... I may add more yet.

SkellyGirlsx3.jpg
    1666 x 975 - 528K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

This might be a little too gruesome considering the direction that this thread seems to be going. But, I though...why not? It's just a cheap excuse for me to work on my lighting for outdoor nights. I think I got a way to go yet...

The_Feast_001.jpg
    858 x 575 - 242K
    edited October 2013

Dave.....ooops...I see that now (the ribs costume threw me off) yes the dance number is great!!!...LOL Trish

Lord Ganthor; I think your render fits in nicely...It is Halloween after all

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Nice image, and that mist Jay mentioned is well placed.

@Dave: Better and better. Nice job.

@Lord Ganthor: Very nice image. Lighting, and shadow, look real good.

edited December 1969

Thanks Trish. I started the moon with a marble texture and went from there... I really like that misted effect in your background. I wonder what the witch is seeing in her un-crystal ball.

Those skeletons look so graceful Dave.

I don't think it's too gruesome Lord Ganthor. I wonder what startled the alien...

edited December 1969

Thank you everyone.....Here is my second entry...Final...The Headless Horseman Rides Again.........Trish

The_Headless_Horseman_Rides_Again5.jpg
    1316 x 656 - 668K
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Real nice scene.

edited October 2013

Guss; Thank you ...It takes me a really long time to pose people....something I hope will get easier with time......Trish p.s. you should have seen me trying to get mikey on that horse it was really funny poor guy....LOL

Post edited by Trish on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

Guss; Thank you ...It takes me a really long time to pose people....something I hope will get easier with time......Trish p.s. you should have seen me trying to get mikey on that horse it was really funny poor guy....LOL

Trish, pop over to rendo, freestuff section and look for poses by a guy called Structure. He has some super pose packs, including some horse riding poses, ahich are good for a start, even if you then tweak them. I am not ashamed to say that I often use a "canned" pose and then tweak, rather than starting from scratch.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=62025

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=36038

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole; I followed your link and picked them up....Thanks that will help a lot!!

edited December 1969

Looks good Trish!

Thanks for the links Chohole. I can always use some poses. Easier to start with a canned one and do some tweeking.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Here is my updated and final entry. I decided to keep the water material the same, but added some minor ripples (perhaps from frogs or fish), moved the tree branches slightly, mostly solidified the railing top but kept some notches along the edge for decoration, a few other tweaks, and added some seasonal pumpkins.

The_Van_Pyres_Halloween_(reduced).jpg
    1200 x 841 - 286K
    edited December 1969

Betsy; Thank you

Sean; Very nice glad you kept the water

edited December 1969

@Sean: That final render is really terrific. Water looks much better with the telltale ripples.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Teeth and bones. No postwork. Photo image of a birds skull manipulated in Bryce using the Gigantic Wide Angle Lens from the Lenses and Filters by Horo and myself and material effects.

Tunnel_of_teeth2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 402K
    edited December 1969

@David: That is one wacky image. But a birds' skull? Didn't know birds have teeth like those in the image. Still, way cool image, nice work.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @David: That is one wacky image. But a birds' skull? Didn't know birds have teeth like those in the image. Still, way cool image, nice work.

That's a good point... maybe it's not a bird skull then, I just thought it was... here, take a look.

Skull.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 258K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited October 2013

Didn’t know birds have teeth

Archaeopteryx ;)

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Didn’t know birds have teeth

Archaeopteryx ;)

Jay
    He he, that's a great one.

edited December 1969

The shape of the teeth are like elephant teeth, broad and flat, which means that thing might have been a herbivore. I thought of something and Googled a squirrel skeleton, specifically the head. I'm not absolutely positive, but based on the teeth, and some of the skull shape, I think what you have David is a squirrel skull. Regardless of what it is, the image of that skull is way cool.

edited October 2013

oh can I guess this looks like fun ....It looks like a rabbit to me.....or a squirrel

squirrel.jpg
    929 x 691 - 346K
    rabbit.jpg
    835 x 614 - 350K
    Post edited by Trish on