PLEASE HELP: HeadShop 11 - Loader Error: 'Unable to export .obj file'

IainWIainW Posts: 10

I've just purchased HeadShop 11 but keep getting an error whenever I try to use it:

1. I load Genesis 8 Male and select it in the Scene Tab.
  2. I select the Edit menu from the title bar and click 'Start HeadShop...'
  3. A dialogue box opens entitled "HeadShop 6: Genesis 8 Male" (I'm not sure why that says '6 'instead of '11'...)
  4. I click 'accept'
  5. An error box appears entitled 'HeadShopLoader' with the error message "Unable to export .obj file".

The product is installed and the registration key has been entered.  My PC meets all of the specs listed on the product page. 

My log file reads as follows:

2018-11-26 23:10:22.972 WARNING: Object::connect: No such signal QButtonGroup::clicked(int) in dzfacemorphloaderdlg.cpp:190
2018-11-26 23:10:22.972 WARNING: Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'DzFaceshopMorphLoaderDialog')

Can anyone tell me how to fix that problem, please?  sad

Error.jpg
758 x 673 - 41K
Post edited by IainW on

Comments

• Iain, please read the manual Chapter 4 Troubleshooting. It deals with situtions where is an error in installation or non-standard installation of DAZ Studio.

https://printahead.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/HeadShop11manual.pdf

• IainWIainW Posts: 10

Thanks - but unfortunately there is nothing in your manual about this error.  The only 'non-standard' element of my Daz installation is that the content library is on a separate network drive (the application is in the default location and Headshop is installed in that default location - i.e. the files mentioned in your manual are in the right place). 

Does your Headshop software not work unless the content library is on the same drive as the application?

• IainW said:

Thanks - but unfortunately there is nothing in your manual about this error.  The only 'non-standard' element of my Daz installation is that the content library is on a separate network drive (the application is in the default location and Headshop is installed in that default location - i.e. the files mentioned in your manual are in the right place). 

Does your Headshop software not work unless the content library is on the same drive as the application?

I may add that the Preferences needs to be set to default (see enclosed)

Preferences.jpg
    576 x 641 - 142K
  • IainWIainW Posts: 10
    edited November 2018

The preference are all set to default.  Any other ideas how to make your software work?

Clipboard01.jpg
    1049 x 572 - 49K
    Post edited by IainW on
  • every time i try to export it fails with this attached error; and yes, i too have the default temp and cache file settings

export error.PNG
    445 x 366 - 44K