Manami textures for V4 error

starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

Hi, I am trying to load Manami textures for Victoria 4 in Daz Studio 3. The script (.dsa) is referencing the wrong file to load. Apparently, the file \runtime\libraries\pose\manami\!mat_apply.dsa wants to load GN_*.jpg files. I believe the GN_*.jpg images are the genesis version. For example, I do not see GN_Limbs.jpg in the texture folder but I see Manami_Limbs.jpg.

Should I submit a trouble ticket?

Post edited by starionwolf on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited September 2013

Hi, I am trying to load Manami textures for Victoria 4 in Daz Studio 3. The script (.dsa) is referencing the wrong file to load. Apparently, the file \runtime\libraries\pose\manami\!mat_apply.dsa wants to load GN_*.jpg files. I believe the GN_*.jpg images are the genesis version. For example, I do not see GN_Limbs.jpg in the texture folder but I see Manami_Limbs.jpg.

Should I submit a trouble ticket?

Hello,

I just checked, the V4 mats are located in [Poser Runtime]/Pose/Manami and they work on V4, just tested
    The Genesis ones are located in People/Genesis/Characters/Manami The Genesis ones are also .dsa files so I guess you just applied the wrong files, can happen to the best.

Post edited by Totte on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

ok, thanks for the info. I'll go look for the pz2 files in the content pane later. I can't check Daz Studio 3 now because I need to do some errands before 5:00 PM when the offices close.

Guess I'm so used to double-clicking .dsa files instead of Pz2 scripts. lol Bye

edited September 2013

Hi,
    I downloaded IM00013792-02_ManamiVictoria4.zip again and reinstalled it into my runtime to have the latest version. The .dsa script still references the Genesis textures. Daz Studio still wants to load the .dsa file.

I had renamed the .dsa scripts to force Daz Stduio 3 to load the .pz2 scripts. Now, the .pz2 scripts load. I might rename the .dsa scripts to its normal name and edit the script.

Here is what the content pane looked like before I renamed the .dsa file:

Manami.jpg
    252 x 478 - 48K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited September 2013

I opened up the *.dsa in the Poser folder in my editor and Starion is right. Unless you have the Genesis version installed as well for the GN_ textures, the V4 textures won't work right inside of Daz Studio. The *.pz2 files correctly reference the non-Genesis textures.

This will require a ticket to get corrected.

As a workaround, you could either
    a) install the GN textures from the GN version (probably the easiest thing to do), or
    b) move the *.dsa files so DS is forced to use the *.pz2 files, but this may require reworking some of the surfaces as the *pz2 is geared towards Poser.

I'd go with copying the textures personally, as you'll get the DS version of the textures rather than the Poser version (they treat black/grey/white different).

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited September 2013

I finally had a chance to file a bug report. Unfortunately I forgot some details so I will need to write an addendum. Thanks for posting the tips.

edited December 1969

Here is an update: Someone from the Daz Helpdesk suggested that I install Manami for Genesis like Vaskania suggested. I did not think of installing the textures from the Genesis zip file. I will do that after I receive my new hard drive.

Bye

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I hope they'll fix the V4 *.dsa files, nonetheless. It's still an error.