CyberPowerPc for a PC build?

I was going to purchase from these folks but a friend just sent me a link to some bad reviews. Has anyone had any experience with them? I spoke to a sales rep yesterday and he came off sorta snarky, a bit off putting for someone trying to get my money. Add that to some bad reviews and it's given me cold feet. Is this just isolated bad timing? There are a host of builders out there and I could build it myself but the pricing hardly makes it worth it.Is there a builder head and shoulders above the rest?

Comments

• I bought a custom build from them about 2 &1/2 years ago and have been happy with it so far.

• I looked at Cyber Power and also saw negative reviews so I got my new computer in July from Digital Storm and I absolutely love it. I got financing from them too so it helped with the cost. 

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

I bought a CyberPowerPC through Costco last year and I'm very happy with it. First-time owner of this brand and no regrets.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I had a custom laptop thru them and not only was it really late, but when it got here, I had to open it up because the SSD wasn't connected (they wanted me to send the laptop back and wait another 6 weeks which I wasn't about to do). Other than that, it's been rock solid, but if I had it to do over again, I'd have gone Alienware or something, tho they probably have about the same bad rating as CyberPowerPC LOL

Laurie

• Most prebuilt manufacturers, system integrators as they're generally called, are terrible. You will almost always either save money or get better overall quality building yourself. 

If you give me an idea of your budget and what specs you want I'll put together a parts list. All you need to build a system yourself is a philips screwdrivers, some patience and the time to warch some videos on YouTube.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

I have had 2 systems from them, both with no issues. I prefer ibuypower.com instead though. my last 2 rigs were from them and they were great. Got some great specials to knock the price down and they worked with me on the build and the hardware.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I'm pretty sure CyberPowerPC and IBuyPower are divisions of the same company. That said, when I was looking for a new PC, I found IbuyPower to be more expensive than CyberPowerPC. I spent around $3100 on a new computer in Oct'16 from CyberPowerPC and I've had no real issues with it. I've since added RAM, and recently replaced the liquid cooling system, (not CyberPowerPC's fault. Just should have bought a better one to begin with.)

I have regretted not getting two GTX1080s when I got the computer, even though I know I didn't have enough credit on my CC to add the second one. Thanks to the Crypto-jerks, I've not been able to afford a second one when I was ready to buy. Yet. (I'm holding out a bit of hope for Black Friday!)

A couple of recommendations: Don't scrimp on the case. More open space inside the box means better airflow and a cooler system. And what was recommended to me, make sure your power supply is Platinum Certified. Also, err on the side of more power. You never know what you'll be adding in the future. These hold true regardless of where you buy a built-for-you computer.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I've bought 6 PC's from CyberpowerPC over the years and have never had issues with the service or PCs.

• Thanks for all the feed back, I definately feel a little better about them now, still on the fence about building my own again or just letting them though. I guess the sales will be the finisher.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Thanks for all the feed back, I definately feel a little better about them now, still on the fence about building my own again or just letting them though. I guess the sales will be the finisher.

I used to build my own. I still do my own upgrades. But when you buy a computer already put together, (either prebuilt, or built to order,) you have a warranty period where someone will take responsibility if something isn't right. (I noticed CyberPowerPC is offering AmEx cards with purchase. I used mine to buy my favorite "mouse" from NewEgg, to go with the new computer. Also, search Google for coupon offers. I saved 5% off the price when I bought my computer using a coupon code I found that way.)