Cannot paint?!

XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hello!

I have a problem in Hexagon, I simply cannot paint any color on my surfaces. I can choose the brush, choose a color and move the brush around on the surface, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

For example:
- create a sphere
- UV map and unwrap
- create a shading domain (one for the whole object)
- choose paintbrush and a color
- paint

Nothing happens. Why? I also tried to apply a material before painting, but that also does not help.

Thanks for your answers!

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited September 2013

Did you change the texture in the material group from color to texture?

hextexturepaint.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 672K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Oh, that is exactly what I did NOT do! Now it works perfectly.

Thank you very much!

edited September 2013

Np. Your question actually taught me a little too. I don't use Hex and have never uv mapped a thing in my life. Took me a bit to figure out I have to validate everything (I use blender so I'm just used to doing things without approving them). lol

edited December 1969

I see. And I use only Hexagon, so I am used to validate. And I think this is a cool feature, because this way you can do changes as long as you want and they are applied only when you click validate. So, if you dont like what you have done, just click abort and the changes are gone, without haivng to do several undo-steps.

But, as always, we like what we are used to :-)

edited September 2013

I'd give Hex an actual shot if there was a way to bypass that validate stuff like there is in Blender (I set blender to confirm on mouse release w/o hitting enter). I'm a huge fan of just using ctrl + z to undo if necessary.

If there's a hotkey to validate.. maybe that'd be doable. I'm a keyboard shortcut nerd. lol

edited December 1969

Really? I am exactly the opposite. I never touch the keyboard. Only if its really necessary. I do most of the stuff I do with my Wacom tablet and I always move the keyboard away as far as possible :-)

edited December 1969

I never could get the hang of modeling with my tablet. I can sculpt and paint with it, but not model. I've watched tutorial vids for modeling software where the guy's using a tablet and they're fast as lightening with it. Just kind of makes me tilt my head sideways going what the hell.. lol