Ghastly's Ghastly Freebees. (Ghastly's Gizmo-trons)

Comments

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

http://www.sharecg.com/v/79249/view/21/DAZ-Studio/GGC-Cosplay-Girl-Genesis-1

Since I made a Zipper Ninja costume I've decided to make some more Ghastly's Ghastly Comic costumes.

So here's Cosplay Girl.

cosplay_girl_2.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 180K
    edited December 1969
    freddy_1.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 182K
    edited December 1969

Got HairShop and made a hair with it, then decided it needed an outfit to go with it. So here it is.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/79427/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Mechanized-Infantry-Girl-Genesis-1

Enjoy.

mechinf_complete.jpg
    1000 x 707 - 90K
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Thank You, looks great :)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Very Cyberpunk

edited December 1969

It was inspired by Tank Girl.

edited December 1969

That's about right. The only thing I'm not too fond of with that outfit is the pants. They look less like fatigues or BDU pants and more like camouflage pajamas.
    edited December 1969

Thats what I was thinking when i first saw it, actualy it reminded me of it. Well done. I need to download latest works too, it seems i am falling behind. Very nice all together. I am hoping to use something soon :)

edited December 1969

That's about right. The only thing I'm not too fond of with that outfit is the pants. They look less like fatigues or BDU pants and more like camouflage pajamas.

They're supposed to be sweat pants.

edited December 1969

Hey, Ghastly, I thought I'd give you a bit of a critique on your Zipper Ninja outfit, now that I've actually had a chance to use it. Overall, it's not bad, at least for background characters, and "extras". For main characters, however, it definitely needs some work, particularly the gi. There really isn't anything that can be done to "customize" it, so to speak. Part of the problem is that the undershirt and gi are all one piece and on the same material zone. The sleeves too are on the same Mat zone. This means it has to remain full sleeved and you can't "turn off" the under shirt, or otherwise change things around. The biggest problem is that the "grid" mesh really doesn't allow you to create new Mat zones very well either because of how the vertices lay out, with no "seams" where the undershirt and gi meet, nor where the sleeves meet the main body of the gi. I couldn't even set up a good transparency map to Hide the sleeves.

edited December 1969

Hey, Ghastly, I thought I'd give you a bit of a critique on your Zipper Ninja outfit, now that I've actually had a chance to use it. Overall, it's not bad, at least for background characters, and "extras". For main characters, however, it definitely needs some work, particularly the gi. There really isn't anything that can be done to "customize" it, so to speak. Part of the problem is that the undershirt and gi are all one piece and on the same material zone. The sleeves too are on the same Mat zone. This means it has to remain full sleeved and you can't "turn off" the under shirt, or otherwise change things around. The biggest problem is that the "grid" mesh really doesn't allow you to create new Mat zones very well either because of how the vertices lay out, with no "seams" where the undershirt and gi meet, nor where the sleeves meet the main body of the gi. I couldn't even set up a good transparency map to Hide the sleeves.

Yeah it was an early piece while I was still getting used to 3D Coat. It's not how I would have made it if I was doing it now.

edited December 1969

http://www.sharecg.com/v/79741/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Geographed-Toon-Head-Genesis-1

This is a simple, geographed Toon head to replace the Genesis figure's head with a simple featureless toon head that you can create hand drawn faces for.

Includes material presets for a blank face as well as a simple moe face. Also includes Ghastly's Toon Skin from the Big Eyed Anime Head morph for Genesis. Apply the toon skin to the Genesis figure then the other materials to the toon head.

Use as you please.

Toon_Head_800.jpg
    890 x 1240 - 106K
    Toon_Head_2.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 298K
    edited December 1969

http://www.sharecg.com/v/79752/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Om-Nom-The-Siren

Another figure made from a MakeHuman Franken-mesh. It's inspired by the Chain Chomp from the Zelda and Mario games. Use as you wish.

Om_Nom_1100.png
    1100 x 554 - 934K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Neat. Are you rigging these yourself?

edited December 1969

Yeah. I don't have any rigging tools besides Daz. I think I did a better job with the imp. Rigging figures with lots of curves is pretty tricky.

edited December 1969

Love to know your process when you get some time!

edited December 1969

Well, I make the skeleton and the appropriate selection faces, then I "Fill by bone selection group". Then starting with the the abdomen bone I work up through the torso to the head bending one axis at a time. So I bend the X axis then smooth, erase and paint the weights until that bend looks right, then I do the Y axis and then the Z axis. Then when I get the head done I go the Pelvis on down. Once I've got the toes finished I move to the collars on out.

Sadly the symmetry weights rarely ever works on Daz so I usually have to paint and adjust the left and right side of the figure manually.

edited December 1969

So you too have issues with the symmetry? I really wish DAZ would make what ever fixes they need to make and just get it done. So annoying. That would be really a game ender for me. I was working on a Pan figure from scratch but decided I was going to transfer all that I've done so far over to Dusk from Hivewire since rigging was such a pita and just thinking of all that work just put me head into outer space! lol At least Dusk is rigged, and rigged well. I can then ask Paul to help me with rigging a set of "creature legs" (which are the Pan legs, already done) to make work with Dusk (and Dawn if enough folks want that)....

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

Some ally nice stuff Ghastly! Thank you for all your work!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    So you too have issues with the symmetry? I really wish DAZ would make what ever fixes they need to make and just get it done. So annoying. That would be really a game ender for me. I was working on a Pan figure from scratch but decided I was going to transfer all that I've done so far over to Dusk from Hivewire since rigging was such a pita and just thinking of all that work just put me head into outer space! lol At least Dusk is rigged, and rigged well. I can then ask Paul to help me with rigging a set of "creature legs" (which are the Pan legs, already done) to make work with Dusk (and Dawn if enough folks want that)....

Yeah even though my model is 100% symmetrical once the rigging is in place and I do the bone fill it pushes some of the vertexes out of alignment and then symmetry no longer works. They need to adjust their symmetry routines so this is no longer a problem.

edited December 1969

Some ally nice stuff Ghastly! Thank you for all your work!

Thanks. It's a lot of fun making stuff and then seeing how other people put them to use.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Mark me on the list of would want!

I have problems with the weightmapping whether I use symmetry or not. I have a number of projects on the backburner until I can find time to fix it. It just crashes so much...

edited December 1969

yeah the disappearing brush is an annoying bug when it comes to weight mapping. I keep checking to see if they've released an update to fix that yet.

edited December 1969

Just a very basic set of casual clothes for lounging about in.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/79850/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Basic-Set-Genesis-1

Basic_Set_800.jpg
    1150 x 1335 - 92K
    edited December 1969

http://www.sharecg.com/v/80023/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Space-Cowboy-Genesis-1

Here's a western themed sci-fi outfit for when your big damn heroes aim to misbehave.

aaaaaaa_800.jpg
    1043 x 800 - 102K
    edited December 1969

That turned out really cool!

edited December 1969

Whoops, forgot to include the Props folder with the dufs for the blaster prop. I've fixed the zip file and uploaded the new one to share CG so it'll have the blaster now.

edited December 1969

Thank You. It looks really good. Just what I needed :)

edited December 1969

http://www.sharecg.com/v/80085/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Basic-Corset-Genesis-1

This is a really old outfit I made a very long time ago. I never got around to sharing it because I didn't like it that much, but then the other day I was using it and thought "eh, somebody else might have a use for it too" so here it is.

Basic_Corset_1.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 366K
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Make a Wish

This one is for you, Ghastly. ;)
    Thank you for all the grand things.

makeawish.jpg
    1600 x 867 - 566K