DAZ Rocks the New Store Sale!

Comments

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, clearly, there are some unspoken rules in effect here because $50 worth of ANY DAZ Originals does not earn the $10 discount.

I added Blenworth (DAZ Original)
    I added B25 Royal Prince (price deducted from cart)
    Then, I added 34 DAZ Original PC Products, which are on sale for $0.99.
    Total came to $50 and some odd change.
    I went through checkout, but there was no $10 discount listed on the Review Order page.

According to the post, all of these products qualify.

If they don't, I'll just empty the cart and save even more money by skipping these sales. You do NOT want to know how long it took to find DAZ Original/PC Products that fit MY criteria! (I hadn't previously purchased the product, it would work in Poser, and it was something I wanted.)

We know how much you love saving, so here comes another sale.

Get $10 off any DAZ Originals purchase over $50. This includes ALL DAZ Original Products throughout our store. Combine this offer with the DAZ Beat the Heat Sale for MASSIVE savings. Just add $50 worth of DAZ Originals to your cart and $10 will automatically be taken out during checkout.
    This sale won't last long, so make your way to the DAZ Store now!

Sale Ends July 3, 2012.

I posted about this in the other thread.

Since your trying to buy items from two different offers (Blenworth + Free Item & the $10 off DO), the cart doesn't work as it should. Either offer works fine by itself, but when you have products in the cart to qualify for both at once it doesn't add them together properly and you end up with a weird discount amount.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if the store is only supposed to let you take advantage of one "offer" per transaction.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

That's unfortunate, but it is understandable if the two offers aren't supposed to work together. Still, it means I might not be getting Blenworth after all.

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Thanks... I hope it does last longer than that, I won't be able to buy anything until Monday... Is the magazine a nice read by itself?

Sure is... it has the Joe Madureira Interview in it that should have been on the last issue (but hat to make place for tributes) and some interesting infos on how to paint snarls, eyebrows, etc. and how to create a story in an image... I'm not a painter, never will be - and I very much envy these artists - but I get a view things out of it for 3D work too :) (not that I'll be able to come up with something stunning like the images in the magazine, mind you *g*)
    And of course if you're a Manga fan... you'll really like the articlea about it and the plugin for PS that's on the DVD.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

DAZ needs to figure out how to combine offers, or they need to stop running multiple sales at the same time on the same products.

The more I looked at all the 36 in my cart, the more I realized I didn't need them. So ... for June, I spent a grand total of $23.31. I doubt DAZ will offer much of anything in July to tempt me either. That's just so different from a year ago.

Loaar said:
    Well, clearly, there are some unspoken rules in effect here because $50 worth of ANY DAZ Originals does not earn the $10 discount.

I added Blenworth (DAZ Original)
    I added B25 Royal Prince (price deducted from cart)
    Then, I added 34 DAZ Original PC Products, which are on sale for $0.99.
    Total came to $50 and some odd change.
    I went through checkout, but there was no $10 discount listed on the Review Order page.

According to the post, all of these products qualify.

If they don't, I'll just empty the cart and save even more money by skipping these sales. You do NOT want to know how long it took to find DAZ Original/PC Products that fit MY criteria! (I hadn't previously purchased the product, it would work in Poser, and it was something I wanted.)

We know how much you love saving, so here comes another sale.

Get $10 off any DAZ Originals purchase over $50. This includes ALL DAZ Original Products throughout our store. Combine this offer with the DAZ Beat the Heat Sale for MASSIVE savings. Just add $50 worth of DAZ Originals to your cart and $10 will automatically be taken out during checkout.
    This sale won't last long, so make your way to the DAZ Store now!

Sale Ends July 3, 2012.

I posted about this in the other thread.

Since your trying to buy items from two different offers (Blenworth + Free Item & the $10 off DO), the cart doesn't work as it should. Either offer works fine by itself, but when you have products in the cart to qualify for both at once it doesn't add them together properly and you end up with a weird discount amount.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if the store is only supposed to let you take advantage of one "offer" per transaction.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

DAZ needs to figure out how to combine offers, or they need to stop running multiple sales at the same time on the same products.

The more I looked at all the 36 in my cart, the more I realized I didn't need them. So ... for June, I spent a grand total of $23.31. I doubt DAZ will offer much of anything in July to tempt me either. That's just so different from a year ago.

The trick is to buy items from the DAZ summer sale for at least $10 (PC products do not count for this, even if they are DAZ originals as well). The rest of the items up to $50 can be any items you want, including PA products and $0.99 PC items. It worked for me.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Thanks... I hope it does last longer than that, I won't be able to buy anything until Monday... Is the magazine a nice read by itself?

Sure is... it has the Joe Madureira Interview in it that should have been on the last issue (but hat to make place for tributes) and some interesting infos on how to paint snarls, eyebrows, etc. and how to create a story in an image... I'm not a painter, never will be - and I very much envy these artists - but I get a view things out of it for 3D work too :) (not that I'll be able to come up with something stunning like the images in the magazine, mind you *g*)
    And of course if you're a Manga fan... you'll really like the articlea about it and the plugin for PS that's on the DVD.

Oh, thanks, that surely is interesting! I'm more of a pencil artist than a painter, but looks like there are some useful tips over there, and the manga article sounds cool. I'll get the magazine then, and if the discount code's working still, then I'll be double happy =)

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Thank you Daz.. 10 items for a little over $40.00. Plus a freebee. And I still have my platinum coupon for next payday. Quite pleased, and good to have you back.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

I'm seeing people say the sales do not ADD. They most certianly do, I bougth two PA items and 46 PC items, my total was some what over $60 and I got the $10 discount that brought my total back down to just over $50. I now wonder how I'm going to download all this stuff before I have to go back and start doing resets.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm seeing people say the sales do not ADD. They most certianly do, I bougth two PA items and 46 PC items, my total was some what over $60 and I got the $10 discount that brought my total back down to just over $50. I now wonder how I'm going to download all this stuff before I have to go back and start doing resets.

Thats not sales adding, thats just you getting a better deal while taking advantage of special pricing on products.

What doesn't work is multiple "offers". The $10 off for a $50 sale is one offer. The Blenworth product with the free DO item was a second offer. If you tried to get both to work in one transaction you wouldn't get the full discount, since the cart doesn't add multiple offers correctly.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, I was in the wrong thread with that post, Sorry. I agree that those two sales should add and it needs fixed.

• Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

It looks like that the 50% summer sale just terminated early - all prices (except for PC items) are now only 30% PC reduction, but no longer 65% as announced until July 4th...

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Martin_C said:
    It looks like that the 50% summer sale just terminated early - all prices (except for PC items) are now only 30% PC reduction, but no longer 65% as announced until July 4th...

Sure enough, well I guess that's the end of my spending until the next sale.

Of course there are new releases I'm sure I will want and I will need to utilize the PC coupon.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Martin_C said:

I noticed this too... was this supposed to happen?
    Oh well, I've gotten some pretty wicked deals this week. Spent $80 for about 50 products. I'm happy, even if this doesn't get fixed! :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Martin_C said:

Of course there are new releases I'm sure I will want and I will need to utilize the PC coupon.

You know Daz ... I bet they will fix it as fast as they are in the office and realize there is something wrong.

• Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Ledhead said:
    Martin_C said:

You know Daz ... I bet they will fix it as fast as they are in the office and realize there is something wrong.

Well, I hope they do fix it. I didn't check out last night, and now the prices have changed in my cart. :(

edited December 1969

Hmmmm, either the ImagineFX M5 coupon is already over, or the "over $50" offer won't stack up with it (I'm trying to get the M5 Pro bundle), or I'm typing it all wrong... Can't use copy&paste; with the Zinio reader, it seems.

Could anyone help me?

edited December 1969

The 'over 50%' should be working again... the M5 Coupon from ImagineFX though isn't... I opened a Ticket about it, requesting wether it could be activated to be used with the sale... I'll let you know as soon as I get a response or I find it does work ;)

edited December 1969

The 'over 50%' should be working again... the M5 Coupon from ImagineFX though isn't... I opened a Ticket about it, requesting wether it could be activated to be used with the sale... I'll let you know as soon as I get a response or I find it does work ;)

Thank you! Let's hope for the best =)

edited July 2012

I don't want to be pushy or anything, but if one of the Admins could maybe hint DAZ Support that there's a Ticket about this ImagineFX Coupon (to get M5 or one of the bundles cheaper) that some customers really would like to use in this sale, preferably today (as it would add nicely to the 10$ off a 50$+ purchase), that would be helpfull... I added a screenshot to the ticket, so they know what I'm talking about and know which coupon code is used there.

The Request # is: 105424

I know they probably have a lot of things to work on, but this coupon would make more people than just me happy, it seems... so if they could take 5 minutes to enter the code into the system... or say 'nah, we don't really want the coupon working with the sale, we'd really appreciate that. At least to know if it will work later on or never will help :) And if I can get another almost 10$ off I'd not only be a happy puppy, I'd also have to add something else to the cart to meet the 50$ minimum ;)

Thanks in advance!

----

FYI ... the code was now supplyable, but didn't do anything, so I guess they're working on it. And yes... I tried it on michael pro alone and on michael pro and other stuff :)

edit: and now after trying to use it on m5 it is not valid again, might be that it will not let me use it after I tried tu use it on the pro bundle... ah heck... ^^

Post edited by BlazeMystEra on
  • CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Yay - just got $52 worth of DO's for $36!! :) Way to go Daz!!!!!

edited December 1969

FYI ... the code was now supplyable, but didn't do anything, so I guess they're working on it. And yes... I tried it on michael pro alone and on michael pro and other stuff :)

edit: and now after trying to use it on m5 it is not valid again, might be that it will not let me use it after I tried tu use it on the pro bundle... ah heck... ^^

Awww sad... Sorry...

You know, it turned green for me once, too (and didn't do anything to the price, either) - but it was only once, yesterday, when I tried typing it with a little "L" instead of a large "i" out of desperation. So I guess it's a pretty random event.

The magazine issue is awesome, BTW =)

I bought the Pro bundle anyway - with that July 4th $2 coupon the total discount was almost as much as would've been with the Imagine coupon, so I'm pretty happy... Now I'm just wondering according to what logic the downloads are sorted in the account so that the naughty bits come first... I'm def not among those who wanted Pro just to get these =D

I wish there was a way to find out the file size before downloading, though... I guess I need Taozen's utility for that?

Anyway, I'm off to download all that and then try to make a Steve Bacic out of M5 =)

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Whew. I'm now down to only 31 Daz Original items in my wishlist, out of 139 total items. (And 15 of those are Dream Home accessories.) That's down from around 200 wishlist items before the PC and DazO sales. I know that's a low wishlist count (having seen crazily big wishlist numbers during the Dark Days) but it's pruned to stuff I really want when I have spare money. Now as long as the PA sales don't happen for a while, until I have rebuilt my 'cash to burn' pile, I'll be fine. ;)

This has been an expensive set of sales for me, but I'm definitely happy that DAZ seems to have worked a lot of the bugs out of the process. (There are clearly some more, but purchasing has been surprisingly smooth for me, mostly.)

Thanks DAZ, and I hope things get better all around!

-- Morgan

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited July 2012

Still problems with the cart calculations...

store_err.jpg
    689 x 733 - 96K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

Awww sad... Sorry...

You know, it turned green for me once, too (and didn't do anything to the price, either) - but it was only once, yesterday, when I tried typing it with a little "L" instead of a large "i" out of desperation. So I guess it's a pretty random event.

The magazine issue is awesome, BTW =)

I bought the Pro bundle anyway - with that July 4th $2 coupon the total discount was almost as much as would've been with the Imagine coupon, so I'm pretty happy... Now I'm just wondering according to what logic the downloads are sorted in the account so that the naughty bits come first... I'm def not among those who wanted Pro just to get these =D

I wish there was a way to find out the file size before downloading, though... I guess I need Taozen's utility for that?

Anyway, I'm off to download all that and then try to make a Steve Bacic out of M5 =)

O.o Steve Bacic... you mean like in morph...? I'd want that! :D I'd like to see an image too... ^^ like me some SB... uhm... what did I come here for... oh... yes...

The Coupon isn't working today either. Maybe DAZ is waiting for the Sale to be over for it to work? Because... yeah... -65% -10$ ... that was quite a snip I have to say ^^ And I finally caved in and bought the Malaika Outfit... it was just perfectly priced for the 50$ minimum and has been sitting on my wishlist since she showed up in the store. ^^

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Still problems with the cart calculations...

Does it work correctly if you split it into two orders, once with just Blenworth and Knights Templar and the rest in a separate order?

edited July 2012

No, it's the same. First tried to delete the other items, no difference, then I cleared the cart and added the two again, no difference either. BTW, the cart suddenly went much wider, for some reason.

store_err2.jpg
    972 x 390 - 55K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

$12.48 is the PC price for the items, or it was when the Blenworth promotion started. It looks like the cart applies that set amount as a discount, rather than the current price of the "free" item.

I'd say the price was supposed to stay at $12.48 for the length of the promotion, but the issues with sales ending early etc has screwed it up and no one noticed.

edited December 1969

Loaar said:
    $12.48 is the PC price for the items, or it was when the Blenworth promotion started. It looks like the cart applies that set amount as a discount, rather than the current price of the "free" item.

I'd say the price was supposed to stay at $12.48 for the length of the promotion, but the issues with sales ending early etc has screwed it up and no one noticed.

Yea, that makes sense.

edited December 1969

O.o Steve Bacic... you mean like in morph...? I'd want that! :D I'd like to see an image too... ^^ like me some SB... uhm... what did I come here for... oh... yes...

The Coupon isn't working today either. Maybe DAZ is waiting for the Sale to be over for it to work? Because... yeah... -65% -10$ ... that was quite a snip I have to say ^^ And I finally caved in and bought the Malaika Outfit... it was just perfectly priced for the 50$ minimum and has been sitting on my wishlist since she showed up in the store. ^^

Aww you're a fan too! How cool!! =) I will definitely post the results somewhere when I'm done, just finished downloading the bundle (I'm on a slooow connection) Judging by some renders from the M5 album off the DAZ3D facebook page, it shouldn't take a lot of work to turn M5 into a convincing SB...

Malaika Outfit is awesome, I could not resist and bought it right away last August, I think. There's two texture sets for it on rendo now (I bought the "Malaika Styles" one and liking it very much), plus the outfit takes shader presets like the ones by Khory or from Marieah's Fabricator series very well. I've also Xdressed it to A3 and HER, and it works wonderfully with minimal adjustments. Here's an image I posted in the old forums... http://ca1-webvirt-forumweb.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_1_3386746.jpg

And I hope the coupon will be enabled "soon", otherwise it won't be fair to ImagineFX readers who would like to become DS users yet...

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

was the $10 off of $50 supposed to end today? :( Can't get it to work.