FW Caoimhe & Sassafrat [Commercial]

Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi All, my latest release is out today. Caoimhe & Sassafrat. I hope you like them and any questions, or if you want to share any renders you can do it here:
They can be found here: http://www.daz3d.com/fwart

CaoimheSassafrat_popup_3.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 618K
CaoimheSassafrat_popup_2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 951K
CaoimheSassafrat_main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 762K

Comments

• RiffulRifful Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow another fantastic character set for G2F. (and a steal for everything you get at that bundle price.)

So far I've only had a chance to play with the materials for Caoimhe, but I'm impressed. They are really interesting.

Here's a render I did using Caoimhe skin and makeup with IG's Point and SHoot lighting. I'll just link the post in IG's thread, because I didn't use the full character morph for it.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/431892/

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited December 1969

Excellent picture cjdean! Thanks for sharing it. I've got the bundle in my cart right now, and I'm sure they will find some friends to join them before I check out. After much use of Naida and Nalin I can attest to how well FW's characters render in both DS and Poser. Really, you can't miss with any of them.
    cheers!

• Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
    edited December 1969

Firstly.... WOW that is a great render, I LOVE it, thanks for sharing it. I am glad you had fun and that you like the materials.

and thanks also DG, I am so glad you like my work, and that coming from you means a lot to me, it really does :)

edited September 2013

Here's the same scene with Point and Shoot set and lights, but this time using the full Caoimhe character and a different make-up from the set (a different hairstyle, too). I love the morph as well. The face is beautiful and distinctive, and the body is one of the nicest in the G2F line. This is a must have for anyone using G2F for fantasy renders.

I haven't even started on the Sassafrat character, which looks to have even more interesting variations.

I have to compliment you on your promo shots as well. Very nicely done!

pinup4.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 497K
    Post edited by Rifful on
    edited December 1969

wow I love this render, it's really great. Fantastic look and all. I hope you get many more great renders out of her, you've done an amazing job here. thanks also re your comments on the promo, glad you like them :)
    looking forward to seeing what you'll do with Sassafrat. :)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I'll be honest, when I saw Sassafrat, I thought "Elphaba" :)

Lack of fundage puts these guys on the wish list for now, (that and I'm still working mostly with Genesis 1), but she's definitely a character that makes Geneses 2 worth taking another look at.

edited December 1969

Thanks, glad you like them. And yeah I see what you mean, the green skin could probably make a cool wicket witch. you've put a render idea in my head now, lol
    Well I am sure that if you move over to Genesis 2 you won't regret it, the autofit (in my opinion anyway) works so much better, it bends nicer, and overall is a great update. I am sure you'll love Genesis 2 in no time. :)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    Thanks, glad you like them. And yeah I see what you mean, the green skin could probably make a cool wicket witch. you've put a render idea in my head now, lol
    Well I am sure that if you move over to Genesis 2 you won't regret it, the autofit (in my opinion anyway) works so much better, it bends nicer, and overall is a great update. I am sure you'll love Genesis 2 in no time. :)

I've looked, I've worked... She's nice, but she needs a lot more morphs before she's my primary female figure. And I need her boyfriend G2M to come along, and for them to be able to swap clothes. (I'm not big on Pin-ups, fairies, photo-realisim, or women in impractical outfits for whatever they're engaged in - Exalted Fan art excepted on that last one.)

But that's just a matter of time. :)

edited December 1969

yeah I am looking forward to the male counterpart as well, and some muscle morphs and stuff like that. it will all come and make it all great in the end. from a content creating point of view I am glad that the male and female base is split again, means you can create better looking females and males etc, and clothing should be so much better to create as well. well I hope you have great fun with whatever you decide to work on next. :) I am sure it will be great and I am sure clothing will be able to be transferred nicely between the different genesis versions, which should make things great fun. :)

edited December 1969

Here's some photo-realistic fairy tale women in impractical outfits, using both Caoimhe and Sassafrat characters, for fun. There's a little postwork in Photoshop to get the different colored skins to blend on Caoimhe.

goblins1.jpg
    1440 x 1040 - 509K
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

The runes on Caoimhe are very nice, I must say.

edited December 1969

I LOVE this render you did, great use of the different skins and fantastic blending. really love it.
    and Cecilia, thanks re the runes, glad you like them :)

edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    I LOVE this render you did, great use of the different skins and fantastic blending. really love it.

Thanks! I got the idea when I first saw the bundle. I love when a character set extends the abilities of the entire Genesis line. That's what makes Genesis so incredible. Caoimhe's and Sassafrat's textures can be used in so many interesting ways.

I also like using Caoimhe and Naida's morphs as a base in custom dialed G2F characters. I think the Caoimhe body morph is a great choice to add some athletic definition when you don't want to get as ripped as Gia. Here's a custom dialed character using the Caoimhe SSS texture- blue makeup, and 40% Caoihme body (with V6 and Zev's shapeshift) and 40% Naida head (with V6 and Thorne's morphs)

Does the Caoimhe bundle qualifies for week 3 renders in the contest? If so, then I think I'll enter this. It uses Merlin's: The Forge, as well, which I think also qualifies for week 3 (it's not a new release, but I just got it.)

The-Apprentice.jpg
    1440 x 1040 - 506K
    edited December 1969

i know what you mean about the versatility of genesis, I do like that Gen2 is Male and Female split again from a creating point of view, because it just means you can create even better renders and items for them. in my opinion anyway, so I think it was a great thing DAZ did going back to that. but I always love mixing and matching things, when done with my promos, I hardly ever use one character as is anymore, always mix and match them. so it's great to see what you came up with here, it's most certainly fantastic. I really love it and she looks awesome how you dialled her.
    And as far as I know you should be able to enter her in the contest as that pack was released new that week. so you should be fine, and good luck with it. I am sure you'll do well. :)
    Thanks again for sharing your great renders here, I loved seeing them

edited December 1969

FWArt said:

They're really fine, did you paint them yourself (by hand)? They would be a very cool product if you also made a package with them as standalones (like makeup). I'm getting everything I need from my hag (Genesis Creature Creator), but such rune markings would be great.

• ApuatApuat Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

What set of materials does the face tattoo for Caoimhe come from?

edited December 1969

Well, Caoimhe is Caoimhe. I think that tattoo is custom.