How to colorpick the base color?

Is there a way to colorpick the base color? W/o PY scripts because I know nothing about them?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited November 2018

Not sure what you mean - if this is DS I'd say just use the colour picker for that colour. If you want an eyedropper effect, hold down Alt, click in the colour bar widget, then drag the cursor (with key and button presssed) until you are over the colour you want, then release.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • It may sound silly but cannot find a color picker. I mean a color picker for the base color on the screen.

color.png
    921 x 353 - 103K
  • Just click on part of the colour chip away from the numbers.

• Just click on part of the colour chip away from the numbers.

If I left-click on the color bar a "Select color" window opens as on the above screen. And I don't see neither the standard color picker or any other way to pick a color from (for example) some existing texture or extrernal color etc.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Follow Richard's instructions above for holding the Alt key.

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited November 2018

Richard Haseltine saied:

Not sure what you mean - if this is DS I'd say just use the colour picker for that colour. If you want an eyedropper effect, hold down Alt, click in the colour bar widget, then drag the cursor (with key and button presssed) until you are over the colour you want, then release.

Oh wow thanks Richard I never knew that, just tried works great.

@ handel_035c4ce6

That standard windows Select Color palette window that pops up may seem a bit limited it has never changed since the invention of MS Paint I think.cheeky

One thing I just recently discovered about this Select Color window is how to fill the Custom Color slots at the bottom. You can simply drag and drop the colors around. Once you have used the color-picker method in Daz Studio or any other image editor app and you got the current color in there, just press on the big current color box and drag&drop it over to the left into a slot for the Custom Colors. Those custom colors stay there system wide whenever this dialogue is used in an application.

You could also somehow load an texture map or image you prepared into DazStudio, in an image edtior or whatever, then and have both windows opend side by side, next use Richards suggestion with Alt+click&hold on the Shader slot base color and move the mouse over to the image on screen.

Post edited by Syrus_Dante on