70's Wonder Woman boots for G3?

Hello. I'm trying to make boots that look like Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman for G3. I have the heroic defender boots. They look great, but do not have the white stripe down the middle as a surface. I very badly want it. I'm not experienced but willing to learn. Is there a way I can make this white stripe down the middle for Heroic Defender boots for G3? I don't want to spend a lot for just boots, and they have to be the 70's WW boots. Not the Gal Gadot ones. Thank you!

Comments

• I've never done it myself, but I do know that they use something called a UV map. You would need to edit the texture used for the UV map of those boots and add the white stripe using a paint program and then use the edited texture in place of the original texture. Like I said, I've never done it myself so I wouldn't be able to explain in further detail or give step-by-step instructions, but that is the general process.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,671

Editing a texture isn't that complicated, depending on what you're trying to achieve.

But it might take a little time to feel home in the settings, but I think it is worth it as it will increase your options by a lot.

If you select the boots and then open the surface tab you can see the surface settings.

There might be different surfaces. If you click on one of those there will be a number of settings. In essence you properly want to edit the diffuse map.

But I would recommend looking into this guide by SickleYield that descibes the different parameters in for Iray surface settings.https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Iray-Surfaces-And-What-They-Mean-519346747