Primitive & Emissive Shader Pre-render

I created a new Primitive in my scene and added the DAZ Uber shader "Emissive". For some reason, it doesn't show up like the other lights do. The light only appears to show up on the general target when I render, unlike what is shown in the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQv96j7myoo#t=  where the light is shown in the viewport before rendering using Daz 4.9. How do I get this to show up in the viewport for Daz 4.10 prior to rendering in order to get a general idea of proper placement/proximity?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,157

I don't see any light in the viewport before rendering in that video. If you want to see what Iray lighting will look like, switch your viewport from Texture Shaded to Iray Preview. Warning: it will be slow.

• barbult said:

I don't see any light in the viewport before rendering in that video. If you want to see what Iray lighting will look like, switch your viewport from Texture Shaded to Iray Preview. Warning: it will be slow.

Before 1:27 in the video, that doesn't look like it was Iray rendered, especially when I look at the character's skin and see how it looks. If he was in Iray view mode prior to 1:27(which is when he appears to switch to Iray), I would think it should've been updating in the window as he was making the changes to the emissive.

edited November 2018

That is right. He is not in Iray preview mode, and the viewport does not show any light from the plane. Show a screenshot of how your vieport differs from his. I don't think I understand what problem you are seeing.

Edit: What version of Daz Studio are you using?

Post edited by barbult on
  • In the first post I mention in the video he's using 4.9 and I'm wondering how to get it to show up in 4.10 in the viewport without having to render it in Iray so I have a general idea of how it looks, kind of like what happens with any other light you add to a scene.

The effect of an emissive Iray shader is not visible in the viewport, unless you are viewing the viewport in Iray preview. It is not visible in his video in 4.9, and the same holds for 4.10 and 4.11 Beta. We are going in circles. There is no solution I can offer.