Failed attempt to move content to SSD

I did as mentioned in discussions. Preferences-Content-Load Content Manager. I tried to create a new path to test before moving my content to external SSD. There i set a link to point to an empty folder I created on SSD. That is when I lost all my content on Daz. I deleted the newly created path but that didn't solve the problem. I still can't load my content although everything seems to be back in place. Is there a reset button to bring everything back to default? I first want to get my content to load from its original location, to make sure its not lost, and then I will try to figure out the incredibly complicated issue of moving content to external. Ps:im on mac
IMG_20181115_222508.jpg
4032 x 3024 - 4M

Comments

• Please use a proper screen capture tool rather than trying to take a photo - for example the Snipping tool in recent versions of DS.

Please post a screen shot of the current settings in the Content Directory Manager dialogue.

• Please use a proper screen capture tool rather than trying to take a photo - for example the Snipping tool in recent versions of DS.

Please post a screen shot of the current settings in the Content Directory Manager dialogue.

Sorry about that! I used the mac screenshot as I don't know how to do the other one. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 23.36.00.png
    2560 x 1600 - 312K
    Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 23.36.37.png
    1144 x 1118 - 117K
  • Was the content installed with Connect (that is, from within Daz Studio)? Can you find the missing files on disc, and if so where are they?

• johranshadijohranshadi Posts: 134
    edited November 2018

Was the content installed with Connect (that is, from within Daz Studio)? Can you find the missing files on disc, and if so where are they?

Yes all the content was installed from within Daz, using the DIM. I couldn't load the files, maybe that is because I am using the Icloud drive storage. But I did find them on Icloud. Here is the location of the Michael 5 files for example. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 23.55.32.png
    1024 x 1610 - 298K
    Post edited by johranshadi on
  • I am copying all the files from icloud to external ssd now hoping this would make it easier to tell daz where to read from.
  • That does not match he location set in Content Directory Manager, which is in the Documents folder in your user profile folder.

• johranshadijohranshadi Posts: 134
    edited November 2018

Whenever I try to set the correct location I can't click past the "documents" folder. That's the furthest folder I can select when I open it from Daz. As you can see attached, the documents folder has a little cloud icon at the bottom. I think that means that the folder is not available due to lack of space? Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 01.05.58.png
    1960 x 1120 - 155K
    Post edited by johranshadi on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,514

It looks like you have iCloud Syncing set on your documents folder.
    The SSD you mention, is that a secondary drive?
    Paths to drives in Mac OS is always /Volume/<drivename>/

First, when you say content is missing, check through the Content Library Pane if it's missing, or if it's just the Content Manager Database that has not been informed that you have moved the content.
    Second, if the content is there in the Content Library Pane, rightclick on the Tab and select Content DB Maintainence..., and Reimport Metadata, to tell the Database where the data is. There are other methods but that is what probably is the easiest way. 

• The problem was with the Icloud drive, syncing and keeping folders away from reach. I had to wipe clean my mac and reset to factory, as Icloud was causing other troubles when trying to disable it. I installed Daz on its default location and the content is now being installed on external SSD. I followed the steps and it works so far as I can see the downloaded content already. Thanks all who took time to respond and walk me through this