Duf Viewer

When scenes are saved they are in the DUF format... Is there such a thing as a "duf viewer" that allows you to look at the various scenes you may have created???

Reb

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    edited November 2018

Each scene should be saved with a thumbnail, if it is a visual reference that you are looking for. If you want to examine the actual instructions in the file, you can open the scene duf file with a text editor. If the scene was saved compressed, you will need to decompress it first. Anything that can decompress a zip file will work.

Post edited by barbult on
  • I looked and their doesn't seem to be a way for Daz3d Studio to create the thumbnail...

Are you talking about doing a screen capture of the scene before closing it???

That will work....

edited November 2018

No, every time I save a scene, a thumbnail is created. Granted, that thumbnail is small and not very good, but it is usually good enought to get a clue as to what the scene is. The thumbnail is saved as a PNG file in the same folder as the DUF scene file. An actual rendered thumbnail can be created by the Super Save product, if you have that. The thumbnails are visible in the Content Library pane and Smart Content pane, too. 

Scene thumbnail.JPG
    533 x 318 - 39K
  • Thanks for the heads up on Super Save.... I never knew it existed and I will purchase it this weekend.....   The thumbnails that Daz saves are quite useless because of their size.... I need to be able to see what is in the scene..... Again,,,,, thanks

edited November 2018

The Super Save thumbnail will also be small (91 by 91), but it will be much better quality, because it is actually a small render of your scene. It takes a little time to render that thumbnail. It is not instantaneous. The length of time to create the thumbnail depends on the render settings you are using. You can also cancel the thumbnail creation before it finishes and still get a good result, because a thumbnail doesn't need the absolute top quality to be useful. I don't use it for every scene I save. Super Save can also render a larger "tip" file (256 by 256). That is the larger image that appears when you hover your mouse cursor over a thumbnail in a product. Super Save has excellent incremental save features that I use a lot time.

Edit: I have attached examples of the DS normal scene thumbnail, the Super Save thumbnail, and the Super Save tip file.

Finn beard and crown_001.duf.png
    91 x 91 - 15K
    Finn beard and crown_001.png
    91 x 91 - 18K
    Finn beard and crown_001.tip.png
    256 x 256 - 103K