Why doesn't my props show up in the scene? (SOLVED)

reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,128
edited September 2013 in New Users

I have bought various stuff for V4. I only have V5. Maybe I was just lucky the first time I bought stuff designed for V4 and made it to work on my V5, but now the new stuff I got, doesn't show up in the scene. Maybe the answer to my question in the title is: "Of course it doesn't work on your V5. Dumbass! It clearly says it is for V4".

Hopefully that is not the (complete) answer....

I can see them in the content library but when I doubleclick on them, nothing happens. (I have checked, and I installed them properly).

So, what should I do to make - for instance - my V4 shoes show up on my V5 figure?

Post edited by reserv888 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,346
    edited December 1969

I suspect the problem is that you are trying to load material settings - in which case double-clicking when there's nothing selected (click in the viewport away from any objects or figures) should produce an error. If that is the issue then the question will be whether the set you are using is purely textures, requiring a separate model to use, or whether there are actual models in another location - please give a couple of examples of things you are having the problem with, or check the product page for required products.

• reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

@Richard

I got "Ankle boots" from Renderosity. I can of course ask the vendor idler168, but first I just want to know if the shoes should at least load into the scene. (When I double click, Daz behaves normally and it looks like something is loading, but when the process finishes nothing shows up.

The requirements for "Ankle boots" are Daz Studio 4.6 (which I have) and V4 (I have V5).

• reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

@Ricjhard

You were right. Found the boots under FIGURE. Don't know why they were there, but anyway, problem solved.
    Thx!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,346
    edited September 2013

Great, glad to hear it.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on