are yoo a thread killer?

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

It's not moving,so...

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

Even more dangerous than the Killer Pickel...

The legendary Killer Tomato.

I really have to stop making these things... they become weirdly elaborate, time consuming and obsessive... 

That said, my friend stopped by to drop something off while I was in the middle of taking the above picture, he looked at what I was doing and never asked any questions... Well, it's not the strangest thing he's seen me doing by far, but still... not one question?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,209
    edited July 2022

McGyver said:

I really have to stop making these things... they become weirdly elaborate, time consuming and obsessive... 

That said, my friend stopped by to drop something off while I was in the middle of taking the above picture, he looked at what I was doing and never asked any questions... Well, it's not the strangest thing he's seen me doing by far, but still... not one question?

Perhaps he just grokked the situation and questioning was unnecessary.  If Mr. Tomatohead had been real and a threat, he might have just made it "go away".cool  Are you sure your friend is not from Mars?  i.e. a Stranger in a Strange Land.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,922

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOLydu7y8-ogf2HpDWZ2x9TCFt93MYSZP

the flooffiest playlist on YouTube

will kill you with cuteness

Floofy cats!  They look like they've been attacked with a Van de Graaff generator.  Shockingdevil

another of my favourite reddit stories channels with a well spoken human narrator has just been demonetised crying

it's a community service as far as I am concerned, I enjoy listening, I don't want to listen to the crap YouTube is pushing and they get my views and Youtube got the ad revenue so exactly what is the problem?

edited July 2022

I started watching some Reddit videos but eventually realized that a lot of the interesting stories were very similar in wording and style and subject as if written by the same author.  And began to appear as sensationalistic fiction of a boring kind.frown 

Yes, I understand the appeal to tell one's interesting stories, but I'm afraid some people have taken the reins of the site and are pushing their fake, or at least overly exaggerated imaginings under different names.  I don't touch Redit anymore.  Much like 90% of the agendaed amateur "news" talking heads that have popped up on YouTube. sad

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,756

There isn't much water in my cup.  Oh wait this isn't the complaint thread.

Drinking too much water gives me that gotta go pee feeling.

tea does that to me

I have been drinking lots of teas since having a tooth extracted to soothe my jaw and gum and am constantly running to the loo

WendyLuvsCatz said:

tea does that to me

I have been drinking lots of teas since having a tooth extracted to soothe my jaw and gum and am constantly running to the loo

Ow.. Feel better soon.

McGyver said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

tea does that to me

Ow.. Feel better soon.

hope you feel better too! 

edited July 2022

Oops!  Photos I found on an image search of the word meow.

53879374-8C60-4D77-954E-D7FC4B456931.jpeg
    1280 x 720 - 168K
    143813BD-1FC7-42A3-8BAA-5F17130ECE50.jpeg
    841 x 470 - 71K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617

..apparently that second one needs to be taken to the cat repair shop 

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588

McGyver said:

...but look at you saving money instead of buying a 3d tomato model and the accessories to go with him

edited July 2022

Pixel8ted said: ...but look at you saving money instead of buying a 3d tomato model and the accessories to go with him

True... that cost about $1.25 for the action figure I borrowed the legs and weapons from (technically $28 because I went to Dollar And A Quarter Tree and ended up getting a bunch of other "dollar" store crap)... plus whatever that fancy tomato cost (probably at least a $1.25... it was tasty though... I had it with pesto and fresh mozzarella with a raspberry balsamic glaze)...(to tomatoes that's like hearing Hannibal Lecter say "I ate his liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti")... it took about ten minutes to disassemble, repaint the limbs, stick the eyes and limbs on and prop it up... it probably took about five tries to take the photo without it falling over... then maybe ten minutes to do a very cursory job of photoshopping eyelids and a mouth (those are my teeth, but transform distorted)... and whatever other minor touch ups (I noticed I forgot to edit out the wire propping up the tomato, which really bothers me now)... so if I were to write it off as a fun time waster... yes.

But if I were to nickel and dime myself based on a lower end fee I charge to make stuff, then that was like $80... so I probably could have bought a 3D killer tomato if DAZ had one... but definitely not if it was only available for Maya or 3D Max... like at TurboSquid, if it existed, it would probably be like $200+...

If I made one myself in 3D, that would still be in limbo like my asparagus man which I forgot about months ago...

So overall yes, it's definitely cheaper and I got to eat a tasty tomato too.

I think I was modeling Asparagus Guy for a PSA on Asparagus Pee Odor, but that was months ago, so that's long forgotten...

Post edited by McGyver on
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited July 2022

https://www.daz3d.com/mhe-vegetables

Sure, they got tomatoes...but not the expressions and accessories. Well, maybe the accessories but those 3D  weapons are going to cost way more than the salad you made

Hope your friend doesn't drop by during tha asparagus Guy PSA. LOL

Post edited by Pixel8ted on

one of mine using a morphed emojii guy

edited July 2022

Factoid:  The smell of asparagus is evoked by a unique molecule called "asparagusic acid".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asparagusic_acid

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,432

McGyver said:

The annoying Orange's angrier cousin

Too bad I just have regular tomatoes or I would send them on an important mission, get my phone and AirPods for me.  I would ask him to get the towels out of the dryer, but I'm afraid he will stain them red.

FirstBastion said:

The annoying Orange's angrier cousin

This guy?

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,432

be warned  extremely annoying.

At least he tried to redeem himself in the end... well... Apple's end... I suspect Pear will welcome death.

I got a headache!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,029

I got a rock...

A guest comes to visit a friend.

the friend sees a litter box and asked, "do you have a cat?"

the host said, "no, it is for my guests."

edited July 2022

Discovered today with a little research how many famous artists had all sorts of psychotic fears of common animals and vegetables that were reflected in their painting...

Actually I discovered a new AI art program this morning, called Craiyon... 

It lets you merge images based on text prompts... like "nightmare Danny DeVito pizza monster painting by Rembrandt"

You get interesting results like this...

There are others, but this works online and is not an app like Dream by Wombo... 

Its good wholesome psychotic fun.

Post edited by McGyver on

I don't want to be a party killer, but why do I have to go to bed soon?

edited July 2022

I bought credits to do a longer Offal jar video devil

just sharing first frame as I will be doing a fair bit of editing before the video goes live

if I am going to shell out 15USD with AUD at 64c in the dollar I want it to be worth it

will add DAZ zombies etc in post

I actually eat pickled octopus though, it's tasty

but brains, ugh, no, never forgave my mother for giving me fried sheeps brains as a baby when she hated even preparing them because the nurse told her it was good for me

and I don't even remember

will share last frame too cheeky

image0000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    image0129.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Cobalt42Cobalt42 Posts: 26

Ok here goes. Hello folks. Stuck my nose in the forums and came across this one and thought "This looks like it would be a lot of fun." So I finally signed up. After being with DAZ for 11 years. Anyway to answer the thread's title, no I'm not a thread killer but my mother is. She says she's been a seamstress since her teenage years. Definitely a thread killer. Especially with scissors. Looked up the do's and don'ts so hopefully I'm doing something right.

This discussion has been closed.