are yoo a thread killer?

Comments

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

You guys are making me hungry. sad I'm trying to be too apathetic and procrastinaty to go downstairs and start making supper. Oh well...

This is Bingo. He stares into the soul of the thread.

• I think I just have an aversion to tinned milk in anything truth be told and glad you loved your mother's cooking, heart

I loved my mother very much but her cooking was not always remembered quite as fondly laugh

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    TigerAnne said:

You guys are making me hungry. sad I'm trying to be too apathetic and procrastinaty to go downstairs and start making supper. Oh well...

This is Bingo. He stares into the soul of the thread.

Creepy looking.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    kyoto kid said:

Po-ta-to... Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew...

nicer sliced into chips and deep fried

or roasted in their jackets with a cross cut you fill with cheese, sour cream and chives

...or cut into sall cubes and thrown in a skillet together with, seaonings, onions, sausage then topped off with cheese (coverd for a couple minutes to let it melt in) and  you ahve the perfect skllet sizzle. 

I also make a wicked "curry smash" (not mashed or whipped until smooth). 

Or sliced, then layered into a casserole dish with a thick creamy sauce of condensed Campbell's mushroom soup, small ham chunks, chopped onion, mushroom stems & pieces, a little milk, then baked for an hour and a half then layered on top with Velveeta cheese while cooling.  Yummmm... yes

..oh yeah, total comfort food.  Mum used to make that (sans the Velveeta). Loved the slightly crispy part on the top.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,928

or roasted in their jackets with a cross cut you fill with cheese, sour cream and chives

Now I'm craving home fries with cheese...

Id like to publicly state for the record that my cooking skills arent especially anything to brag about. But if you were to put me in a kitchen with a hot dog and a microwave, youd have a nice, hot, slightly overcooked hot dog in no time flat!wink

I indoor grill mine; I slice 'em and bake them in the oven!

Creepy looking.

Ha ha, thank you! He's the leading candidate for the next heir in an Uglacy. (For those who don't play Sims, the goal is to make each generation more deformed than the last.) Have you ever played a legacy?

(This will kill the thread. Definitely.)

TigerAnne said:

Creepy looking.

Ha ha, thank you! He's the leading candidate for the next heir in an Uglacy. (For those who don't play Sims, the goal is to make each generation more deformed than the last.) Have you ever played a legacy?

(This will kill the thread. Definitely.)

Legacy?

edited November 2018

A "Legacy" is a challenge-type play style, where you play the same family for (at least) ten generations, and see how it changes through time. Every generation, you pick an Heir, who will be the one to carry on the main bloodline. It can be played for imaginary points, by following a bunch of rules, or with a theme. The most popular themes are ISBI - I'm Surrounded By Idiots, Uglacy, Prettacy, Apocalypcy and Rainbowcy.

ISBI is fun. laugh You're only allowed to control one single Sim per generation, and the others do as they please. Chaos is guaranteed to be the result. Harr harr...

Uglacy, like I mentioned, is all about making every generation uglier than the last, by marrying in progressively weirder-looking spouses. Prettacy is the opposite. You have to start with the ugliest Sim you're able to create, and try to make every new generation prettier. I haven't played the other styles, so I don't know the rules too well.

If you're interested in reading people's Sim-stories, PM me and I'll give you some links. I don't want to post them in the thread, because Sim-stuff has a tendency to violate Daz' no nudity rule.

Post edited by WinterMoon on
  • TigerAnne said:

A "Legacy" is a challenge-type play style, where you play the same family for (at least) ten generations, and see how it changes through time. Every generation, you pick an Heir, who will be the one to carry on the main bloodline. It can be played for imaginary points, by following a bunch of rules, or with a theme. The most popular themes are ISBI - I'm Surrounded By Idiots, Uglacy, Prettacy, Apocalypcy and Rainbowcy.

ISBI is fun. laugh You're only allowed to control one single Sim per generation, and the others do as they please. Chaos is guaranteed to be the result. Harr harr...

Uglacy, like I mentioned, is all about making every generation uglier than the last, by marrying in progressively weirder-looking spouses. Prettacy is the opposite. You have to start with the ugliest Sim you're able to create, and try to make every new generation prettier. I haven't played the other styles, so I don't know the rules too well.

If you're interested in reading people's Sim-stories, PM me and I'll give you some links. I don't want to post them in the thread, because Sim-stuff has a tendency to violate Daz' no nudity rule.

Which version of the sims are you playing?

I play 2 and 3. laugh For a while I was on the fence about getting 4, but eventually I decided the new aesthetic direction wasn't my cup of tea. Plus, TS4 has the worst player community. They're like the "gaming" version of the Steven Universe fandom, probably because there's significant overlap. Less said about that... Are you a Simmer?

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    TigerAnne said:
     Are you a Simmer?

No, a thread killerlaugh

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    TigerAnne said:

*snipped*      Are you a Simmer?

no but the pot of stew I have on the hob is a simmering along nicely

CMS does not want to work which is a thread killer. I think?

CMS does not want to work which is a thread killer. I think?

no that's just a wolf killer.

• TigerAnne said:

I play 2 and 3. laugh For a while I was on the fence about getting 4, but eventually I decided the new aesthetic direction wasn't my cup of tea. Plus, TS4 has the worst player community. They're like the "gaming" version of the Steven Universe fandom, probably because there's significant overlap. Less said about that... Are you a Simmer?

Not as much as I used to be, but that really sums up my video game play in general. I tend to render more than I game these days. I have played all 4 versions of the sims. S4 was kind of a let down. 2 and 3 are my favorites with 2 being the best in the series in my opinion. I keep meaning to reinstall 2 and get some time in but I havent. I really like the legacy idea though, sounds fun.

I keep meaning to reinstall 2 and get some time in but I havent.

Dooooo eeeeeet. laugh

• not a simmer but and old boiler cheeky

• RainRain Posts: 335

I'm trying to break my streak as a thread killer, so I'm posting this.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

*pokes thread*

I think it's still breathing...

• RainRain Posts: 335
    Nath said:

*pokes thread*

Whew! I was starting to think that I really am a thread killer ;-)

spuffy said:
    Nath said:

*pokes thread*

Whew! I was starting to think that I really am a thread killer ;-)

Not yet.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited November 2018
    Chohole said:
    TigerAnne said:

*snipped*      Are you a Simmer?

no but the pot of stew I have on the hob is a simmering along nicely

I attended several household sales this past summer.  Most of them staffed by the same sales crew.  They always provide lunch for their staff by cooking a big pot of stew on the house's stove (aka: range, or cooker)  The smell permiated the house.  I think it makes people more prone to buy something because it seems like a house rather than basically a cluttered discount store.  However, I always made a point to find my way to the kitchen and ask the price of the pot of stew. devil  They never sold it to me or even offered me any but I got the odors for free which almost sufficed. yes

Thread dead yet?

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Now I want stew...

• Another good thing to do on International Confuse A Shopkeeper Day is go into a store you've never been in before and ask the shopkeeper "Have you ever seen me before?" They'll usually look at you trying to figure out if they have or not, then eventually say "No." You then respond "Then how do you know it's me?"
    Oops!
    Wrong forum again!

• This should do it

zzz sheep.png
    498 x 288 - 47K

are they pooeeps or sheoodles

This should do it

You are a baaaaaah-ad one.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

I am bored.  This chair is uncomfortable but this is not the complaint thread.

Not sure what is more fun, watching a computer charge up or waiting for DS import metadata to finish?  Or is it waiting for a train that is 40 minutes late.