Can't get out of RIGGING view

handyman4545handyman4545 Posts: 399
edited November 2018 in New Users

Can't get out of rigging screen.

I can't get my system to boot any new characters outside of the rigging screens showing the bone structures.

There's no buttons or commands that I have been able to find in the last 2 hours that allow me to return to the standard boot.

Anybody know how to remove the rigging screen?

Post edited by handyman4545 on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

Which software program are you asking about? Daz Studio?  Carrara?

• DAZ. Latest version.

Can't upload a pic at the moment as my server to my website is down and I have no freaking idea how to add a pic without uploading to another server.

Figures boot with the tri-axe bone connectors and right clicking results in a popup headed with "Customize Drawing"

I've spent two bloody hours pushing buttons trying to figure it out on my own and I'm at my whits end.

Anything you can offer will be apreciated.

• handyman4545handyman4545 Posts: 399
    edited November 2018

Pic

Having loaded the "Tool Settings" pane and its subs like Node Brushes yesterday to learn how to "rig" a simple door, now I'm screwed into this "rigged-up" view with no apparent or obvious way to remove it.

Post edited by handyman4545 on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,169

Looks like you've just still got the Joint Editor tool selected. Try the top menu - Tools - Universal (or Spot Render, or whatever) and your normal display should return.

• That was it!

Thankyou Mel for your fast response. Greatly appreciated.

Turns out that any of the new views in the Tools tab resulted in the solution.

Ironicly, this was a simple answer but it never occured to me to use this particular method to resolve it and I consider myself better than average, computer user savy.
    Developers need to work on this.
    The way back out should be obvious (put the return view in the pane popup) or worse case, rebooting the program should reset the view.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,169

One way to tell where you are: go to the Tool Settings pane (I have one docked at the side of my main window) and it will say at the top of that pane which tool is currently active - you can also change it from there.

Glad to help you out of your predicament.

• Another way is to have the toolbar (usually just below the menu bar) showing. I've always had it active in every version and update of D|S, so I'm afraid I couldn't tell you how to turn it on. That lets you see instantly which is the active tool, and lots of other useful status info.

Note that "usually" — it's important to keep in mind that the D|S interface is thoroughly customisable, with several different types of "look and feel" presets. This makes it easy to customise everything to match the way you think of the program working, with the drawback that it's much too easy for two people to be talking about three (or more!) different layouts without realising. This can get a bit confusing...