TRYING TO LEARN IRAY

Hi, my name is Edsall.  I'm trying to learn to use IRAY.  I'm currently having a problem with one of my products.  I have Home one House.  Everything shows correctly except for the wall.  Only parts of the walls show.  Does this mean that that product isn't Iray compatible? It renders fine in 3Delight

Screenshot (10).png
1349 x 922 - 2M

Comments

• "Out of the box", no its probably not going to work very well.  It's a pretty old product and the materials aren't set up for Iray.  I don't have that one specifically, but try this.  Go to the Tools menu and pick Surface selection.  Click on one of the areas that's giving you trouble.  Go to the Surfaces tab and make sure it says that a wall is selected.  Then go to the Shader Presets folder, then Iray, then DAZ Uber in the Content Library tab.  With the wall surface still selected, hit !Iray Uber Base and wait.  That should convert your materials to something more Iray compatible and make that particular wall appear normal.  If that works, select every prop in the Scene Tab, then go to the Surfaces Tab and select every surface and hit !Iray Uber Base again.  It'll take a while, but it will convert all your materials to Iray.  If it doesn't work, there may be some Iray settings that need adjusting.

If this does work, its worth learning the Save as... -> Material(s) preset option so that you don't have to go through this every time you load the product.

• Or you can change the material in Surface tab to another Iray shader...

• I'm not sure why it would do that - Are you sure there is a wall model, it looks as if you have loaded furnishings from another set (Home One Kitchen?) and they may not load a matching wall.

• I think the ground floor interior walls require Home One Apartment or Room Creator to make your own - the first (upper) floor does have walls in the Home One House.

• Ok, thx for all the input.  I'll try to get it to work with your advice

• taraque2013taraque2013 Posts: 79
    edited November 2018

I'm not sure why it would do that - Are you sure there is a wall model, it looks as if you have loaded furnishings from another set (Home One Kitchen?) and they may not load a matching wall.

I loaded Home one House then loaded Home one kitchen for the furnishings inside

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Yes, that is just the furnishings - Home One Apartment has the ground floor walls (House was added later, to accomodate the apartment on the ground floor and add new fooms on the first floor).