Create simple monster model ?

Hi. I was working on some kind of monster have simialr shape of human body. Transfer simple human body to beast. Could daz do that ?

Thank you.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

There are quite a few monsters in the store which are created from Genesis figures, of various generations

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Daz Studio is not a modeling tool. It's primary purpose is to render 3D images, although it does have some tools which help with rigging 3D objects for posing and animation. If you want to create a humanoid monster (say for example a werewolf), you can export the human figure from Daz in Object (.obj) format and then use a modeling tool like Hexagon or Blender to modify the mesh into the shape you want. But this isn't necessarily trivial for someone who is brand new to 3D.

Also note that due to licensing you would have to be careful how you used such a figure. You could use it for your own private use, but you could not use such a thing in a game (for example) without also purchasing an Interactive License for the base figure you were using.

Joe Qucik is a good example of what can be done with the various Genesis figures,  given the time and the talent

https://www.daz3d.com/joequick

• I get back to youtube to figure out what I saw and it calls "X-Morphs". this add-on works with daz but becuase i'm new to Daz I don't know how it works. I need to make only model later I will adjust it with blender.

Now I installed Daz3d 10. It looks empty !! What else I have to install ?

Have you installed all the genesis starter essentials packs and other stuff that came with Daz Studio?

• I don't think. I just click on the link to install daz3d 64bit. Can you show me tutorial or give me a link.

• How did you install?

• nice_96nice_96 Posts: 25
    edited November 2018

oh. Now I'm installing it. I start with Gen2.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Sorry if this is double post. But I need to know how to load manually content in this version ? Any guide steps.

• nice_96nice_96 Posts: 25
    edited November 2018

Internet Error.

Post edited by nice_96 on
  • What do you mean - install third-party content  manually?

• There are some free content " Hair, clothes and textures" to daz software. Is it possible ?

• Yes, you just need to find the Runtiem and/or Data folders in the zip and merge those (and any other fodlers in the same folder in the zip) into your Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library or Public Documents/My Daz 3d Library folder.

• Yes, you just need to find the Runtiem and/or Data folders in the zip and merge those (and any other fodlers in the same folder in the zip) into your Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library or Public Documents/My Daz 3d Library folder.

Great. Thank you so much for all this information. I need to know more things. Does "X-Morphs" request to install Gen3 or Gen 8 ?. When I finish from my monster and transfer it to blender to modify the rest of model. Could I sell it on das store or any website ?

• X-Morphs is a plug-in that supports all current versions of Genesis.

As long as the morph is all your own work you can sell it, as a morph for the base figure not a stand-alone figure. You can't use other morphs as ingredients, unless they are sold as merchant resources and used in accordance with the license terms.

• X-Morphs is a plug-in that supports all current versions of Genesis.

As long as the morph is all your own work you can sell it, as a morph for the base figure not a stand-alone figure. You can't use other morphs as ingredients, unless they are sold as merchant resources and used in accordance with the license terms.

Thank you so much Richard.

My regards.