Mixing/Matching Morphs with Skin Textures

jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi again everybody!!

I have a technical question.
I am trying to understand how Daz Studio reconciles a morph with a texture that is not designed for it. What has created my question is, I have read posts before where a user may have loaded a genesis figure and applied a V4 texture over it... something like that.

But to be more specific, what if I took G2F in to zBrush, shaped her up with the move brush, that she no longer has the shape of original G2F and I want to apply Victoria 6 textures on newly shaped G2F.

The idea seems strange because first off you have textures that were created for Victoria who has her own set of shapes that differ from G2F and now I come along and create my own custom shape in zBrush and want apply the Victoria textures over my custom G2F.

Can Daz Studio reconcile the differences without "D-Forming" my custom zBrush shaped morph and apply Victoria 6 textures or any other texture created for say like Wednesday for A5/A4 or Barliecorn for A4 and so on?
Or is there an incompatibilities because say maybe my zBrushed head on my version of G2F is smaller than what the Victoria 6 texture can be applied to.

I am just trying to understand the mechanics under the hood.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Morphing a figure doesn't change its UV map -- the same vertices map to the same pixels on the texture. There may be stretching, however, if some vertices are significantly further away from their neighbors than on the unmorphed figure.

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    edited December 1969

So I could create a brand new UV map to better fit the newly shaped morph then... Yes?
    So textures have really nothing to do with the shape or geometry of the model. Textures just fill the UV map?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Textures are made to Fit the UV map, the UV map is made to fit the MESH. A Morph only changes the shape of the mesh, it goes not add too nor remove from the mesh. That way any Texture made for that UV of the mesh will fit even if the Morph stretches the mesh to much to look good. And as you have noticed Genesis can USE many different UV's. So Yes you could make a UV to work better with your morph.