Animation walk/run cycles created in Carrara 8.5(Another Clip Added)

2»

Comments

• fis7157fis7157 Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

yes thanks i did exactly what you said and it work perfect that was a great illustration but how do you blend clips one clip to the next

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

that kind of depends on the clips,.

For example: you could have two clips in the timeline, and a Gap between them,. Carrara will blend or transition from the last pose in the first clip,. to the first pose in the next clip.

If it's a walking loop,. then it should auto blend between the clips if they're together (no gap)
    BUT,.. how well that transition works depends on how the posing of the figures matches up,.. EG sitting down to Running will need an additional clip to help it transition,. or sometimes an NLA Pose, instead of an NLA clip.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,234
    edited December 1969

I have a few situations where "Loop" doesn't match up properly during the Loop operation, causing a glitch in the animation. This is often due to my improper (I think) rescaling of the figure. To correct the issue, instead of checking the 'Loop' option, I need to load in the NLA clips one after the next, each time going into the panel on the right and clicking on the "Match Previous Position" button for the clip. Then I select 'hip' as the thing to track, and set it to End of previous Clip. Voila... fixed!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Yep, i've had that too,

I've also realised i've invaded Mike's thread,. Sorry Mike :)

I've been watching some of the clips, ....great work, and good thread. keep it going.

Andy :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,234
    edited April 2014

Yeah, they're a really nice journey through a method of the creation of a walk cycle.
    He made that model in Carrara, too. Nice figure.

I have links to the video's here, on the second page of this thread.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on