*blush* No gens for Benjamin (Michael 5)?

FetitoFetito Posts: 481
edited September 2013 in The Commons

*blush* I was just playing around with DAZ 4.6 and I wonder why there are no gens for Benjamin (Michael 5)? I got the pro bundle.

Could it be that those "things" are hidden? Is there a way to "activate" them?

Post edited by Fetito on

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

If you have the pro bundle there should be a geograft included for Genesis with the genitals. Look in Smart Content under Anatomy with the Genesis figure selected or navigate to the People -> Genesis folder in the Content Library and find it under Anatomy.

If you don't have it, ensure that it's been correctly installed. The genitals have their own separate installer, which you can find in your Product Library.

• FetitoFetito Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

@HeraldOfFire: Yes, it is there. The problem is that it appears gray. I put the "Michael 5"-skin over it, but Benjamin is the black guy of that bundle. Can it be that his "best parts" are missing?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I don't own Ben, but I looked at the product page and there's no mention of Gen materials I'm sorry. Unless someone states otherwise, I can only assume there aren't any genital materials for Benjamin. Many figures do include these, but not all. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but I'm happy to stand corrected if someone can point you in the right direction.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited September 2013

There are no genital materials in the set for Benjamin. This was discussed at the time of release.

I'm not sure why this is the case, as Raiya has done gen mats on other characters, such as Raiden.

Post edited by Hiro Protagonist on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

It's not too hard to make your own if you have a 2d program and are comfortable with it, starting from using Map Transfer to put his hip texture onto the hip mat of the gens and then filling in the rest with either a merchant resource or another texture that you own (this can't be for re-release, but you can certainly use it yourself).

Tutorial on Map Transfer Utility: http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-The-Map-Transfer-Utility-368686796

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I have randomly tried the male gens on some figures but find either there are no mats for them or when you apply clothing it doesn't cover them and that's definitely awkward for them...lol. How do I cover them if I do use them on a character, should there be morphs in the clothing? I can't remember at the moment which jeans I used

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    I have randomly tried the male gens on some figures but find either there are no mats for them or when you apply clothing it doesn't cover them and that's definitely awkward for them...lol. How do I cover them if I do use them on a character, should there be morphs in the clothing? I can't remember at the moment which jeans I used

Why would you put them on while wearing clothing? What you need is a bulge morph for the character and the clothing instead.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited September 2013

Kharma said:

Why would you put them on while wearing clothing? What you need is a bulge morph for the character and the clothing instead.

Actually you need that either way, because the bulge morph can help you move the clothes out to where collision makes them properly cover the gens. That's if you're using Genesis, of course. There are pants and there are situations where the outline of male gens are indeed visible underneath (I'm thinking of some bike shorts I've seen specifically, but by no means the only situation wherein it's obvious whether a guy dresses to the left or right, if you catch my drift).

If there are no bulge morphs in the clothing, here's a workaround on Genesis.

Download and install these: http://www.sharecg.com/v/53770/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-That-Little-Something

Conform the clothing to Genesis. Dial in each of those morphs on Genesis in turn.

Now they are in the clothing. Turn on View Hidden Properties in your Parameters tab to see them.

Now you can dial in these bulge morphs to help push the clothes out over the gens.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,253
    edited December 1969

@HeraldOfFire: Yes, it is there. The problem is that it appears gray. I put the "Michael 5"-skin over it, but Benjamin is the black guy of that bundle. Can it be that his "best parts" are missing?

I've had good success modifying existing genital textures to match darker skin colors simply by adding a slight level-of-gray in the base color of the diffusion channel of any existing M4 or M5 gens texture. Usually the gens diffusion layer uses a white base color under the diffusion texture image. Just darken the base color to be a gray, and with a little experimentation it can be successful. If you got the Pro pack there should be some generic genital texture in there somewhere for some other Genesis or M5 character.

edited December 1969

Kharma said:

So it looks like a guy I would think....

edited December 1969

Kharma said:

Actually you need that either way, because the bulge morph can help you move the clothes out to where collision makes them properly cover the gens. That's if you're using Genesis, of course. There are pants and there are situations where the outline of male gens are indeed visible underneath (I'm thinking of some bike shorts I've seen specifically, but by no means the only situation wherein it's obvious whether a guy dresses to the left or right, if you catch my drift).

If there are no bulge morphs in the clothing, here's a workaround on Genesis.

Download and install these: http://www.sharecg.com/v/53770/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-That-Little-Something

Conform the clothing to Genesis. Dial in each of those morphs on Genesis in turn.

Now they are in the clothing. Turn on View Hidden Properties in your Parameters tab to see them.

Now you can dial in these bulge morphs to help push the clothes out over the gens.

Thank you for answering , I only make family friendly pics so my guys are dressed but its only natural that a anatomically correct male would have a bulge if wearing pants or shorts, but I didn't know how to go about doing that.