Script Error Light Dome Pro -R

kris1d20kris1d20 Posts: 12
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I love the potential of the product but sadly I've yet to get it to work properly. The output folder never gets created. It's alluded to a 7th image that may be the problem but the render only generates 6 and I have to manually save those to another directory. In Photoshop The script never runs to completion. I can run it but all it does is stall at the end. "Save changes to the Adobe Photoshop Document 6_Sun.png before closing? Then The object layer "Background" is not currently available. Continue // Stop. Neither option works and just leaves me at a blank photoshop section with no document loaded. Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,463
    edited September 2013

What operating system are you using, and where are the images meant to be saved?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • kris1d20kris1d20 Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Operating System: Win 7 Ultimate x64
    Daz Studio Version: 4.6 Pro
    Photoshop Version: Tried both CS5.1 (x64) and CC (x64)

The way I've been doing it is to set up my image. Set sunlight angle. Then I frame my shot with the LDP-R camera. Then I hit Render => Render LDP-R. LDP-R does render 7 images. (I forgot to count the 0-Fog image). What it does not do is auto save the renders to a directory. The directory referenced in the manual just doesn't exist. I don't get an error indicating it doesn't exist but I have to manually save each render to the same folder. I've tried saving them as both .png and the default .bmp. Next I open all the documents in Photoshop CC. I go to my actions panel and I select LDP-R Combine then hit play. The action runs but then stalls at the very end. A window comes up asking if I want to save changes to 6_Sun.png before closing? I've tried hitting both yes and no but right after I get the error stating "Object Backround is not currently available." I've tried skipping that step (unchecking it in the actions panel) but then it goes on to other errors indicating "Paste is not currently available). I'm not sure what's causing this. I've tried both Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS 5.1. (x64). Any ideas as to why this is happening? This looks like a pretty decent light set and I'd love to use it but as it stands the rendering time I'm saving I'm losing in having to manually save everything. The combine script also looks like it might be cool but since it can't finish I never see the end result. Thanks in advance for the help!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,463
    edited December 1969

Have you tried creating the folder it's meant to be saving to? I'm sorry, I don't have this set to test it myself - there is a thread dedicated to LDP-R which the creator follows http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26593/

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

When you hit Render LDP, does a window come up asking where you want to put the renders? It should be asking for a directory and allow you to navigate to the directory of your choosing.

If it does not, you might want to consider checking to see if there is an update. I know the first release insisted on creating a sub directory under the My Render Library directory. The update altered this and allowed the directory choice just before the render begins.

• kris1d20kris1d20 Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Thanks! It looks like it just dumped the files into my render library. If I load the images from there will the script run? Or is the folder in the LDP-R folder have to be the one the files are in? Failing that I guess I could just try to renew the download and try the updated version.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

kris1d20 said:
    Thanks! It looks like it just dumped the files into my render library. If I load the images from there will the script run? Or is the folder in the LDP-R folder have to be the one the files are in? Failing that I guess I could just try to renew the download and try the updated version.

The files can be in any folder. Once they are open in Photoshop the location of the files doesn't matter.

I would still upgrade anyway. There were a couple of improvements that are worth the effort.

By the way, I am not answering in any sort of official manner. I am just another user like you.