does anyone know a software that can change formats from vob to obj and others

rigomrtsfxrigomrtsfx Posts: 94
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hi
sorry i cound not find the right forums for this topic its not for use in daz software : (
i am using another program that uses vob files and and obj formats some have pointed me to one that was limited
to 30 days demo , but it will not change a vob 3d model to any other format gives a error for me

long ago there was many free small programs out there for changing 3d model formats ......if anyone knows of a program
that would work please .....the model is a wind chime vob format
thank you for your time

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

.vob is proprietary to Vue - all you can do, if the item permits, is open in Vue and export as OBJ.

• 5 years later, and now I've got the same problem.  In that time, has a converter been made available?

I do see that they have what seems to be a free trial available for VUE - I may use that and see if I can convert with the trial version.

• .vob is a proprietary, undocumented format as far as I know - that means it's hghly unlikely that there is or will be a converter, other than Vue itself.

• Found on internet>>>

mightytitanicguy

Posted April 8, 2017

LOLOL: Go into Vue and select "Base" mode. This will allow you to edit models in the program. Then hit "open" and select the model. Once done hit export and select the file of your choosing. If this does not work please consult your local Bleep999 for more info.

• kenmokenmo Posts: 895

I looking to convert a Vue VOB model into an OBJ. I have Vue 206 & Vue Creator. I have NO idea what you mean by "Go into Vue and select "Base" mode"  as I can not find where this base Mode option is.

• I never could export them even when I had Vue cheeky

very locked in ecology needed to pay extra for export modules

• i know these posts are pretty old but i have a solution if you have both versions of eon vue. 
    vue creator (2021) can save terrain, rocks, etc as vob. import the vob into vue 2016 (complete) and export as an obj and reload them into vue 2021.
    this is not perfect but if you mess with the materials and poly count a bit its not bad. this way allows you to ray trace materials that are procedurally generated (roughly).

currently, to modify terrain material scale you must go into the material color mapping mode and adjust scale.