How to get a clothing item made in Blender ready for a Daz3d figure?

Hi,

I have a Daz G3F figure which i changed the body shape of in Daz3ds. I exported that figure into Blender so that i could make some simple clothes (shorts).  The clothes are done and now I'm wondering what is the best/easiest way to proceed so that i can use those clothes for that figure in Daz3ds. I dont know if it matters but the clothes will only be used for that one figures shape, i dont have plans for making the clothes useable for other body shapes. 

Should i just import the clothes into Daz as a .obj and then use the transfer utility tool?

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

I'm no expert in this, but my understanding is that the rule of thumb generally is that you always fit your clothing to the unmorphed, zero-posed, base resolution base figure (G3F) when working in your modelling program. Once done you export your clothing item back into DAZ Studio and use the transfer utility to add bones and morphs from the base figure. You should then be able to fit the garment to the morphed G3F. Others may be able to offer more specific advice.

• You can model around a non-default shape if you use the Source Shape button in the Transfer Utility to tell the function about it, and then check Reverse Source Shape From Target in the extended options at the bottom of the dialogue. However, the results are generally better modelling around the base shape.

• Thank you, I'll try both of those methods and see which one works best.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited November 2018

If you make it on the default shape and forget the shape you made it, then it wont cause problems - it will fit. If, however, you make it on a custom shape, and forget the combination of morphs, or loose the morph, then there is going to be some work and time getting back to where you were.

It can be useful to see the item you're making in the morphed version if it differs widely from the base. You can see how textures react to that morphed shape.

Post edited by nicstt on