Introducing Amazon Pay

In order to give all of you some more options we have enabled Amazon Pay on our storefront.

Most of us these days have an Amazon account, so this will let you use the account details you have already entered in over there and let Amazon do the payment processing for those accounts. I am sure this will make checking out a little bit easier for some of you so let me know if you have any issues with it.

There are however two known issues:

1. You currently cannot apply partial store credit and use Amazon Pay for the remainder of the charge. If you have store credit selected and choose to pay with Amazon Pay it will unselect the store credit before showing you the new total on the page.

2. Our Amazon Pay integration currently can not process recurring transactions. So this means that adding a Platinum Club Plus membership to your cart will disable the Amazon Pay option.

Comments

• Sounds interesting. Does this by any chance mean I can use fund in my Amazon Gift Card account to pay for purchases from DAZ?

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

Sounds interesting. Does this by any chance mean I can use fund in my Amazon Gift Card account to pay for purchases from DAZ?

From a quick Google search it seems that sadly it isn't possible.

Here is what I found: https://pay.amazon.com/us/help/201754640#payment_methods

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,259

It's always nice to have more options. Thank you!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    caravelle said:

Agreed. I use Amazon quite a bit, from streaming video, to clothing, to electronics and even have them deliver my groceries

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Cool idea, but is there a way to load money via amazon to use it here?  I use PayPal debit card and I do not know how to load cash into it.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

I am envious of  the grocery delivery thing. We used to have amazon fresh in our area but amazon cancelled that option to where I live when they acquired Whole Foods. Too bad lots of people really liked it.

caravelle said:

Agreed. I use Amazon quite a bit, from streaming video, to clothing, to electronics and even have them deliver my groceries

I am envious of  the grocery delivery thing. We used to have amazon fresh in our area but amazon cancelled that option to where I live when they acquired Whole Foods. Too bad lots of people really liked it.

caravelle said:

I do not have Amazon Fresh in my area either.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

caravelle said:

That is odd, there is a Whole Foods option also when I order. These days, nearly every gocery store delivers where I live, Tom Thumb, Kroger, and Walmart all do. My GF gives me a hard time about using the service, saying I am to lazy to go to the store myself, LOL. I work 65 hrs a week and live on the 3rd floor, I look at it as efficient, not lazy wink

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,415

I was hoping that I could use Amazon Gift Cards too. Oh well... 

Then again, can Amazon Pay be used through the UK site, or is it just the US?

caravelle said:

That is odd, there is a Whole Foods option also when I order. These days, nearly every gocery store delivers where I live, Tom Thumb, Kroger, and Walmart all do. My GF gives me a hard time about using the service, saying I am to lazy to go to the store myself, LOL. I work 65 hrs a week and live on the 3rd floor, I look at it as efficient, not lazy wink

There are no Kroger’s near me.  They all closed down which I am still upset about that info.

• Has daz ever considered Bitcoin ?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Has daz ever considered Bitcoin ?

yes

My room mate is in the Bitcoin industry and he would love to hear that as an option!  lol 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited November 2018

caravelle said:

We have Walmart Grocery and Peapod delivery in our area. I use them both since I can't walk very well and can't really shop. Convenient, but expensive. At least Peapod is anyway...lol. Walmart will pick your order but you still have to go and get it for the time being ;). I also get a lot of things from Amazon.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
    edited November 2018

I was pleased when Amazon Fresh solicited me for membership last year. I work full time, and don't always have time to get stuff at the store. , and it was convenient at thanksgiving last year, to have stuff delivered so I didn't wade through the store at the holiday season. But about 4 months into membership, Amazon sent me a note saying they weren't going to do it in my area any longer and I  had like 10 days left.

It was strange, since I know that others really wanted to use it too.. So I Can only think it wasn't lucrative for some reason.

They let me keep the big green theramal freezer bags, but losing Fresh was a sad affair.

There aren't any other stores that deliver. They will deliver to your car, if you pay and drive up, but I figure I might as well go to the store at that point.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    N_R Arts said:

I was hoping that I could use Amazon Gift Cards too. Oh well... 

Then again, can Amazon Pay be used through the UK site, or is it just the US?

It should work   One whole food company I deal with I can pay using Amazon pay as well as CC or PayPal.

I’m going to try it after this month’s gift card is used up. 

I tried it out twice.  Both times it appeared to charge my account twice, but the second charge gets put back onto my debit card.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited November 2018

Most months I buy the same thing so Kroger & WalMart having a system where I can order me groceries & pick them up already packed would be nice and save about 2 hours of shopping down to about an hour although spending two hours shopping is a luxury on my budget so I'll not complain.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on