Fit Control for Genesis 3 Male

Hello Everyone,

I ran into a problem that I just don't understand how to solve. I'm hoping somebody here might be able to help. I purchased Fit Control for Genesis 3 Male to be used with the Basketball Kit for Genesis 3 Male as well as other clothing but I keep running into this problem (see pic below). The figure simply becomes invisiable when the morph is applied. So my question is what's causing it and secondly what can done to fix it if anything?

One other thing, someone in another thread mentioned geografts sometimes causing this but I'm not aware that the Basketball Kit for Genesis 3 Male contains any.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

basket ball.jpg
955 x 881 - 112K

Comments

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

It just might be that his hip area has been turned invisible, which some vendors occasionally do to reduce poke through with certain outfits. That seems most likely the culprit when geografts aren't involved.

• Ok, thanks! That's a good guess but when I go to my parameters tab and look at display for the hip both in the shorts and the figure, all my options, such as Visible in Render, Selectable, Visible all appear to be turned on. Is there parhaps a different place I should be checking?

• Ok, thanks! That's a good guess but when I go to my parameters tab and look at display for the hip both in the shorts and the figure, all my options, such as Visible in Render, Selectable, Visible all appear to be turned on. Is there parhaps a different place I should be checking?

Select the figure. Then open up the bones (the little arrow) and check to see if the lower abdomen and/or pelvis is invisible.
  • Thanks Gigi!!

Yup, I tried. Hips, pelvis, upper & lower abdomen. I even looked at the chest and thighs. I honestly can't find any part which is shut off in the display tab. 

I actually meant to post this message in the tech support forum and realized after I posted it that was in the new users group. So sorry about that.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035
    edited November 2018

Thanks Gigi!!

Yup, I tried. Hips, pelvis, upper & lower abdomen. I even looked at the chest and thighs. I honestly can't find any part which is shut off in the display tab. 

I actually meant to post this message in the tech support forum and realized after I posted it that was in the new users group. So sorry about that.

Does the problem dissappear if you delete the pants? If so, it might be that the PA turned off the visibility of that part via the geometry editor. If so, you will want to select the item, then access the geometry editor and check to see if everything there is turned invisible. I am not currently at my computer so I can't post screenshot. But if you aren't able to resolve the issue (or don't know how the geometry editor works), I will post a more detailed explanation tomorrow. :)
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Gigi, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU!! Your certainly on the right track and you don't know how much I appreciate your help! 

So to answer your question, Yes, the problem does disappear if I delete the pants. So I guess that's the good news, right? The bad news is I know nothing about the geometry editor how to make changes in it. I would love more explanation if your willing and have the time. Not only for me but for anyone else out there who might be experiencing this same problem. 

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035
    edited November 2018

Ok, I have the item in question and, as I suspected, the shorts are a GeoGraft item. Going into the geometry editor is a no-go. The only solution that I found (link to the source thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/931417/#Comment_931417) was something suggested by @kitakoredaz. Which works like a charm. The process is as follows:

1. Go into your data folder. According to the read me file, for this specific piece of clothing it's: My DAZ 3D Library/data/Predatron/G3MClothes/Basketball Shorts/BasketballShorts_7863.dsf
    2. Locate the file "BasketballShorts_7863.dsf" and make a backup copy (save it somewhere else in case you ever want to revert the process).
    3. Now open "BasketballShorts_7863.dsf" with a text editor (Notepad++, for example) and search (CTRL+F to pull up the search) for graft.
    4. Delete the following section (lines15697-15708), save and exit:

Code to delete:

The result: the body isn't hidden underneath the shorts anymore.

Delete.PNG
    1531 x 877 - 72K
    01.PNG
    1921 x 787 - 317K
    02.png
    1925 x 851 - 323K
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Ok, sorry for taking so long to respond to this thread. But I've been working on other projects and I'm just now getting to this. So, I openned up the BasketballShorts_7863.dsf file in Notepad as suggested by Gigi-FenixPhoenix, except when I openned the file, this is how it appeared (see image below). Now maybe I just didn't do something like apply word wrap or whatever but can anyone please explain why the contents look so different on my computer and how I might be able to change them so that I can make the edit she's referring to?

Thanks!

basket ball shorts.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • Ok, sorry for taking so long to respond to this thread. But I've been working on other projects and I'm just now getting to this. So, I openned up the BasketballShorts_7863.dsf file in Notepad as suggested by Gigi-FenixPhoenix, except when I openned the file, this is how it appeared (see image below). Now maybe I just didn't do something like apply word wrap or whatever but can anyone please explain why the contents look so different on my computer and how I might be able to change them so that I can make the edit she's referring to?

Thanks!

Try downloading Notepad ++ (it's free and the one I use): https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.6.html

• Gigi-FenixPhoenix, first of all I greatly appreciate all the wonderful help! You are so incredibly knowledgeable!! But I still must be doing something wrong. I downloaded Notepad++ and openned the file but the code on mine doesn't look nearly as clean as it does on yours. (see down below)

code.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Many of the DAZ Studio dson format files are compressed to save disk space. DAZ Studio can read them by uncompressing them, but if you try to open them in a text editor, they appear as you have found. The solution is to uncompress them (DAZ Studio will still be able to read them as it can work with either). Using an archiving software (the free 7zip is good), uncompress the file first. It will appear without a file extension. Change the extension of the original file from filename.dsf to filename.bak if you want to keep it, then add .dsf to the new, uncompressed file. Now you will be able to open and edit it.

• You can also use the Batch Convert pane in DS to extract and compress.

• Gigi-FenixPhoenix, first of all I greatly appreciate all the wonderful help! You are so incredibly knowledgeable!! But I still must be doing something wrong. I downloaded Notepad++ and openned the file but the code on mine doesn't look nearly as clean as it does on yours. (see down below)

Ah, I just noticed that you use the DazConnectLibrary, so that might be why it's not as clear cut as with mine. In that case, following @SixDs or @Richard Haseltine's direction might yield better results.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

Most of all, you might want to put in a support ticket, so that the PA can fix the issue... https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Bee

BeeMKay said:

Most of all, you might want to put in a support ticket, so that the PA can fix the issue... https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks Bee, actually I tried doing that a couple months ago and the only reponse I received was that they weren't able to replicate the error so they couldn't help me, which seems strange but whatever.