Character Converters - Generation 4 -> G3/G8

I know that we have GenX, but unfortunately the creator passed away and there will no longer be any update for G8. I really like GenX, but it has certain limitations, so I hope that someone may take care about it.

I have a huge library of V4.2/M4 morphs and materials. There is a good solution for materials available (Texture Transformer 2, as it doesn't need geografts), but I also like to transfer the morphs as good as possible and GenX has its limitations

1. GenX does not provide any G8 support. You have to go up to G3 and then manually transfer the character to G8

2. V4.2 and M4 have a hires mesh compared to the newest G3/G8 generation. To bring the hires mesh of such an old character to G3/G8, you need to transfer details to HD morphs. GenX doesn't support this either.

Are there any plans to work on this? I'd love to see it.

Comments

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited October 2018

Millennium 3 too please !

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    2. V4.2 and M4 have a hires mesh compared to the newest G3/G8 generation. To bring the hires mesh of such an old character to G3/G8, you need to transfer details to HD morphs.

I doubt this one will ever happen as that would mean embedding tools needed to create HD morphs in the converter.

• Leana said:
    2. V4.2 and M4 have a hires mesh compared to the newest G3/G8 generation. To bring the hires mesh of such an old character to G3/G8, you need to transfer details to HD morphs.

I doubt this one will ever happen as that would mean embedding tools needed to create HD morphs in the converter.

Well, Daz PAs can create HD morphs, so why shouldn't they make a tool that creates such morphs in a converter?

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    Leana said:

Well, Daz PAs can create HD morphs, so why shouldn't they make a tool that creates such morphs in a converter?

There are limits to what PAs can do with them, and it is done with our own products, not converting the work of others. Even GenX2 doesn't have that capability. Besides most high detail in Gen4 was in displacement maps and there is a utilty on rendo that I believe will transfers that.

• Leana said:

There are limits to what PAs can do with them, and it is done with our own products, not converting the work of others. Even GenX2 doesn't have that capability. Besides most high detail in Gen4 was in displacement maps and there is a utilty on rendo that I believe will transfers that.

Thanks, I know the tool and I have it. Nevertheless V4.2 has a hires mesh and thus more details out of he box. The same applies for all V4.2 morphs.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    Leana said:

Thanks, I know the tool and I have it. Nevertheless V4.2 has a hires mesh and thus more details out of he box. The same applies for all V4.2 morphs.

They have more polys but that doesn't mean high resolution. The details would have been in displacement and bump maps. V4s mesh didn't have enough polys to do wrinkes and moles, thus the creation of the maps.