I have a problem using linear photometric point lamps

2»

Comments

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206
    edited January 2019
    odastein said:

I've been using point lights when there's a specific spot of the image that is dark/in shadow when I don't want it to be. 

Bingo... got it. What solved it for me -- and at the moment I am concentrating on some figure/fashion type renders -- was to first load my basic figure head on and save that scene. Next, I'll load 3 point lights from an IDG set, currently on sale heh. (I like the product so I can give 'em a plug, right?)

Ok, so most of the time the lights come in more or less in the center of the scene... but what I figured out was to look at the Viewport with the Top view and the Left and Right views. Using these views and the Universal tool in Daz Studio, I will nudge the lights into the approximate location where I think I'll want them. Then I'll save this new "modified scene" with an appropriate file name, and I'll usually save the "camera" information as well just in case.

Sometimes this process (of getting the point lights where I want them) takes a few tries, switching back between views. And if my lighting setup results in shadows under the nose or eyes I'll add a fourth point light or two, moving in closer and pointing it at the "head" or the "neck" bone as the case may be, and reducing the intensity.

Overall this has taken me a long time to figure out!.smiley

Post edited by Roman_K2 on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Chezjuan said:

Right now I have to learn how to make more pale some male skins so money will not help:-)

I've been hoping for a Skin Builder for the G3 or G8 Males for a while. I have some guys who can do with a new "paint job."

They will not be doing one for the males.  We keep asking and they have definitely said it wasn't going to happen.