Smart Content not showing up anymore

For some reason my Smart Content isn't showing up anymore.  

I have all my Content on an external Hard drive installed. I believe I have the correct path selected in the Content Directory Manager. I can find everything in the Content Library, but would have to reinstall everything.

I recently deleted my old DIM and downloaded the newest version. Could that be the reason things aren't showing up in the Smart Content?

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 10.02.22 AM.png
470 x 176 - 29K

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Did you configure DIM to use the same paths as DS?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited October 2018

If you see the things in the content directory, then the pathes are correct. Have you accidently closed the Smart Content pane?

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • I believe when I reinstalled DIM, it automatically configured itself to put content into my home folder on my hard drive.

After I couldn't find anything in my Content Library, I reconfigured it to download things again to my external hard drive and also went into Daz Studio's Conten Directory Manager and specivied under "Poser Formats" the same path.

I am just looking at at it again. Do I need to add that same path under DAZ Studio Formats?

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.27.51 AM.png
    588 x 554 - 67K
    Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.27.21 AM.png
    461 x 324 - 36K
  • I believe when I reinstalled DIM, it automatically configured itself to put content into my home folder on my hard drive.

After I couldn't find anything in my Content Library, I reconfigured it to download things again to my external hard drive and also went into Daz Studio's Conten Directory Manager and specivied under "Poser Formats" the same path.

I am just looking at at it again. Do I need to add that same path under DAZ Studio Formats?

Yes, both types of content need the path set

• This is super strange. I dont' know what else to do. I have set the path under Daz Studio Formats and Poser Formats in the Conten Directory Manager to the folder that had all my content, which I had installed through the Daz Install Manager app. And I am still unable to access content that was previously loaded into Daz Studio. 

If I try to reinstall things through DIM, won't I have things twice on my computer?

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 12.23.11 PM.png
    465 x 446 - 51K
  • I just did a search in DIM for the things I cannot find in Daz Studio. DIM is telling me they are installed, but they don't show up in Daz Studio.

• Can you post a screen shot showing the actual location of the files.

• Here is a screenshot of my directory in the Finder and what I can currently access in DazStudio.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 2.04.33 PM.png
    1687 x 505 - 300K
    Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 2.05.18 PM.png
    525 x 682 - 134K
  • Try looking in the Content Library pane under Daz Studio Formats>Daz_Install_Manager - do the files show up, and be loaded from, there?

• Yes, they do! I am able to load them from there, but they still aren't available from Smart Content .

• OK, so this is a metadata issue rather than a basic install issue. If there are a lot of missing products (I can't actually see that many from your screen shot) it may be worth trying the reimport Metadata command - open the Content Library option menu, the lined button in the top corner of right-click the tab, and select Content DB Maintenance, then check Re Import Metadata, click Accept, then check the two master boxes (for user data and vendor data) in the next dialogue and again click Accept.

• THERE WE GO!

Thanks so much for helping me with this. Looks like everything is back to normal. 

I am so grateful for your help! Thank you!

• Great, glad to hear it.

• I noticed this was happening to me as well and I ran the CMS and meta data scan, but I would still get missing content. I went back into the Daz Install Manager and noticed that my installation files were just going into 4.5 and not Daz Studio 4. Checking this box installed all my Legacy content, which turned out to be the files I was missing. I couldn't believe I missed that, but it worked and now I have my older content. I hope this helps.

• I had the exact same issue. Thanks very much for writing all of this down and keeping a record of it.