Installing third party content on a Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

rodent_32911467f9rodent_32911467f9 Posts: 20
edited September 2013 in New Users

I bought some third-party V4 poses and unzipped the file.

Went to the Mac HD, found Runtime > Libraries > Pose and dragged and dropped the folder there. But when I open DAZ it's not there. Everything else listed under Pose is, just not that folder.

What am I missing?

Post edited by rodent_32911467f9 on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,523
    edited December 1969

rodent said:
    I bought some third-party V4 poses and unzipped the file.

Went to the Mac HD, found Runtime > Libraries > Pose and dragged and dropped the folder there. But when I open DAZ it's not there. Everything else listed under Pose is, just not that folder.

What am I missing?

(a) Was DAZ Studio running when you installed the poses? Then you nee to rightclick on the "Pose" and do "Refresh" so DS reads the directory again.

(b) Where you looking in Content Tab? They will not show up in Smart Content unless the have smart content metadata and almost no third party item has that.

• rodent_32911467f9rodent_32911467f9 Posts: 20
    edited September 2013

DAZ was running at the time.

There isn't any right click on a Mac.

I was talking about the directories on hard drive rather than the Smart Content tab.

Every garment and pose now is oddly distorted. I need to figure out how to restore things, but I'm a train wreck with technology. I think parts of the directory have been misplaced. Would a reinstall of Lion help do you think?

Post edited by rodent_32911467f9 on
    edited December 1969

rodent said:
    DAZ was running at the time.

There isn't any right click on a Mac.

Sorry, but there has been right click support in Mac OS since 1996.
    If you don't have a two button mouse (or an Apple Magic Mouse) you can hold down Control key while clicking, or on a touchpad click with two fingers.

I was talking about the directories on hard drive rather than the Smart Content tab.

Every garment and pose now is oddly distorted. I need to figure out how to restore things, but I'm a train wreck with technology. Would a reinstall of Lion help do you think?

It sounds like you have destroyed the integrity of your Runtime folder, this has nothing to do with OS X. The Runtime structure and how files refers to each other is very old (1992 I think) and very delicate and a heritage from Poser. If you tamper with it and move or remove things you will have troubles.

I would recommend to reinstall you content.

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

Macs have a nasty habit of copying over files rather than merging. I use an app called mac merger to install from a 3rd party runtime folder.
    What file type were the poses? I'd definitely consider purchasing a multi button mouse it makes things a lot easier.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

If you are Terminal/Shell/Unix savvy, you can do something like what I do: I unzip the product into a temporary directory, then do a suitable variation on:

cd tempdir/
    tar cf - * | (cd $mylibrary; tar xvf -)

If this looks like Chinese, well, then, never mind...

edited December 1969

From the Terminal ditto is even simpler, but I think that's too far anyway.