Question: Luxus for Carrara Shaders.

ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Greetings everyone!

How many here would be interested in Luxus for Carrara shaders packages?

Thanks

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,140
    edited December 1969

Hi Ringo,

For me it would depend on what they are. I have already built up my own library of basic Luxus shaders, but if it went beyond what I have then yes, I'd be interested.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250
    edited December 1969

My hand is up in the air. Especially if it would be anything like any of your other shader packs! If it helps, I'll buy a few of them!

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

I agree with Phil and Dart. What I would really like to see is a "How To" guide for creating my own shaders. Packages are great for specific items, and I would probably buy them if I had a need.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Only today I began reading about Luxus for Carrara.

I think my answer here would have to be "yes", but I still have basic questions. Will do that in another thread so I don't clutter this one up with noob topics. :cheese:

• laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

infact, I'm not at all at the same level than PhilW, so I'll be certainly buyer of a basic set, with the classic : metal, water, glass, plastic, and so on... maybe further a more sphisticated set, of course, but right now a complete all day round set would be the good choice for me...
    maybe it's a paradox: people have problems to get started on luxus render, and so maybe won't buy shaders, but having shaders would allow to start using luxus...mmm...

• mulwargmulwarg Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

My hand up. Yes please, I would by them. I'm a newbee and some good pre made shaders would speed up my slow adaption of Luxrender.

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

Everyone,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Time to plan this out and get working on them.

Regards

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited September 2013

In this context it comes to my mind the Idea to have the possibility to select an alternate shader set, will say
    to have the quick possibility to chance the shader for a material area.

Edit:

Sure, I would like such a plugin for converting carrara to latex shaders too

Post edited by EddyMI3D on
  • martino27martino27 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm sure a simple tutorial on Luxus Shaders would be welcome, too.

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

martino27 said:
    I'm sure a simple tutorial on Luxus Shaders would be welcome, too.

Second this one.