Preferences for big scenes or modular sets?

I am curious what people's thoughts are on offered content. I am at that point of finishing up several packs, but I am in doubt in what way I should package them. Do people prefer smaller, modulair sets so you can buy what you need, or are larger scenes where everything has been thrown in (such as poses and textures) preferrable?

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

I lean toward modular, myself.

Though if you do make sprawling sets, please divide them in such way that one can remove or hide pieces to render more quickly; I have a few sets I got recently and I love them, but my computer almost smokes when I try to render anything.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

My favorite favorite is modular but then some presets with the modules all assembled into neat stuff. Like, for example, the recent Solaris station. Lots of pieces, or you can just load in one of several assembled stations.

I realize, obviously, stuff like towns are harder in that respect, but still somewhat doable.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    Oso3D said:

I lean toward modular, myself.

Though if you do make sprawling sets, please divide them in such way that one can remove or hide pieces to render more quickly; I have a few sets I got recently and I love them, but my computer almost smokes when I try to render anything.

Ditto.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    Thanks for the feedback! I also side with modular because of that very same reason.
  • EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    Oso3D said:

My favorite favorite is modular but then some presets with the modules all assembled into neat stuff. Like, for example, the recent Solaris station. Lots of pieces, or you can just load in one of several assembled stations.

I realize, obviously, stuff like towns are harder in that respect, but still somewhat doable.

I agree with Oso3D, but for a different reason. I prefer a more modular approach as it allows me to be somewhat unique. If I can rearrange things and make it "mine", or, especially with structures, repurpose it entirely it's an instant buy. Many of the offerings are locked down with little more than the artists' (impressive) viewpoint.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

I prefer modular. I don’t buy huge sets unless it’s stonemason. In fact increasingly I like small vignettes.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220

I like sets that will fit on my 4gig card when a charcter or two are added.  Smart resource management is important. 

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681

Thanks for all the input! Greatly appreciated! Thanks FirstBastion on the smart resource remark! I am still learning :)

• Big scenes, split up into Part 1, 2, 3, etc., are what i prefer more.