Hobo's or Street people

Hobo's or Street people. And with repect clothing or characters for then and for homeless people. Can't find any. Got a project that needs some.

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited October 2018

I would say kitbashing. I made a homeless man in front of a fire in a barrel as a winter/christmas render... last year I think it was, or the year before that. Let me see if I have that render in my gallery.

Edit.. Here we go, it was done 2016 with a genesis 3 figure. It's not the best one I'm sure but it's doable to make it :) linking to the page of the image, so you can see the products I used and perhaps get an idea, hopefully it is of some help :) - https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/274776

Post edited by Carola O on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited October 2018

Thinking through the kitbashing:

The homeless also have a lot of clothing that is layered and ill-fitted. Layered to more easily insulate themselves in varying temparatures and ill-fitted as they take what they can get. Many have hats, especially in colder climates for this reason as well.

The clothes and hats might need a morph or two to appear ill-fited as mentioned. Layers can be fitted on top of other clothes using "Fit to and Collision" but beware of poke-thru. Due to lack of fresh water on a regular basis, clothing textures should be stained and worn looking. Colors are more drab and faded from sun. A layer of dirt is not necessary but may be appropriate.

The homeless themselves are usually well-tanned but weathered. Not the glorious Sun God kind of tanned but old-man of the sea tanned and weathered due to their exposure to the elements. Very often they have very developed crows feet from squinting due to their exposure to the sun and living outdoors.

Most have backpacks, bags, trashbags, grocery bags to caryy all their worldy possessions and shopping carts as that is what is available.

How's my logic so far..... besides depressing. :(

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • defuser2002defuser2002 Posts: 61
    edited October 2018

Thanks for the suggestions. Not as easy as I thought. The layers of dirt can be found in the store. The rest? Marius for G2 male is starting to come close?

Found these for jeans at least.

https://www.daz3d.com/dirty-denim

Post edited by defuser2002 on