The Adventures of Lomund

12346»

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,523
    edited December 1969

The truth is complicated

The three people meeting the heroes are from left to right, Ava, Willfred and Heartwolf. The three are representing town council, and basically they are the the council.

When they learn the reason for the heroes arrival, and that they are sent by Beorn himself, they all walks to a nearby tavern to talk.

Ava begins to tell the story behind this horrible incident.

-”Oderic was raised by Hemgott, as his parents was killed in a bandit raid when he was about 12 winters old, and he was orphaned. Hemgott had a daughter about the same age as Oderic, Brunhild. They grew up together as brother and sister, and Oderic was always very protective of his sister. About two years ago, the old warrior Rathwick moved down into town from the mountains where he had lived for many years. He met Brunhild and they began to meet. Oderic disliked Rathwick from the first day and they had several arguments.Rathwick and Brunhild married about a year ago, Brunhild still living in her old room on her father’s farm. One night Oderic sneaked into the bedroom and murdered Rathwick. Hemgott arrived to the room as he had heard noises just when Oderic killed Rathwick. Oderick was captured by the town watch and was sent to Carrock for trial. Hemgott is devastated, he just sits in his house all day drinking, and Brunhild never goes out from her house. It’s such a tragedy.”

The heroes thanks the town council for their cooperation and help and then they try to find out, what is the truth and what is just bad observations. They talk for a long time, discussion different theories, and they then decides that Eirik should go and talk to Brunhild to get the facts of what excatly happened that night. One main question was who owned the knife which killed Rathwick?

Eirik went to the house where Brunhild lives, and uses his exceptional charm and wit to convince her to let him in to talk. At first she just cries and cries, and when Eirik tells her that Oderic has been seen close to StoneFord and asks if she has met him, she says no. But Eirik can be very convincing at times, and after a while, she began to talk.

“She married Rathwick about a year ago, and Oderic, who is very hot tempered disliked her decision. She said that Oderic was very protective, and one night he visited her in her bedroom. When Rathwick came home and saw them in bed, he pulled a knife and the two men started to fight, but shortly after, Rathwick fell down on the bed with a knife in his heart. She began to cry again, I had been unfaithful to my husband, I will never be forgiven.”

Eirik asks whose knife it was, but Brunhild didn’t know. He asks her again if she had seen Oderic, and she said that he was here two days ago, saying goodbye, he said he was going west and that they would never see each other again.

To be continued...

eirik_talks.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 182K
    edited December 1969

A disillusioned old man

The heroes were not really satisfied, even though they now were almost certain that Oderic was now a cold blooded murderer. They decided to pay a visit to Oderics stepfather Hemgott. Hemgott is at first dismissive, he don’t want to talk to anyone. He was in a state of too much alcohol. But Gorm decided to sober him up the way the do at home, so he tossed a bucket of ice cold water over Hemgott, and that seemed to do the trick. Eirik asks about the knife, but all he can say is that he lost his son in law and his stepson is a murderer and his daughter a widow. Eirik asks again, and he says that he left the knife to the Town watch sergeant Keller.

Now, the heroes decided this tragedy must end, so they bring Hemgott to his daughter Brunhild, and he really refuses, and so does Brunhild when the sees him, but after a few minutes, they both hug each other, and the long road to reconciliation begun.

The group called it a day, a very long day, and a day that ended well.

To be continued...

hemgott.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 233K
    edited December 1969

I'm, sorry to say that the adventures of Lomund will not continue in at least a year as the GameMaster (my neighbor) who took a break from running the game will be moving away for a year or more for work (across the puddle to the US).

But don't despair, there will soon start a new game, where you hopefully will enjoy the adventures of Ulfnaar, the pirate born warrior. He will join a party of brave adventurers who me had a brief encounter with some time ago, and will help them solve mysteries, fight monsters, salvage treasures and rescue young pretty damsels in distress. The adventures will take place in the Forgotten Realms world, know to many who have played Baldur's Gate.

Ulfnaar.jpg
    916 x 1562 - 161K
    edited December 1969
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    I will do that. good opening.
    edited December 1969

I will do that. good opening.

Thanks!

I'm writing his background story now, then when that is done, it will be logs from the adventure. I really missed writing the story of Lomund, but RL stuff prevents it from continue so I decided to join this group (they have asked me to join this game since it started but I was too busy. Same players as the Lomund story, almost, so it will be at least as entertaining ;-)