[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

Comments

• RCTSpanky said:

We are actively researching other generations. smiley

I really hope for a converter from Genesis to Genesis 8, because I would like to use the great Supersuit for Genesis on G8

We are looking at it smiley

• Damsel said:

I adore the converter for Gen 3 to Gen 8 male.  It did a terrific job on all the items.  And it really was easy.

Happy to hear that!  Thank you for your support and feedback.

• Cybersox said:

Looking forward to this, though I would personally probably get a lot more use out of a G2M to G3M set.  The G8Ms have been a great boon for creating older/more mature characters, but they've been really light on everything else until the recent releases of Vladimir and Brute.  

Good to hear.  We have add G2 -> G3 to our list.  I expect we will explore it at some point.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,814

G8 to G2 would help out Carrara users smiley

just sayin'

• G8 to G2 would help out Carrara users smiley

just sayin'

I hear you smiley  We will probably do this at some point.

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited October 2018

just sayin'

RiverSoftArt, if you and/or Sickleyield ever do decide to do a clothes converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 2 I would buy it in a heartbeat!

I prefer using Genesis 2 figures over the newer ones. Here's to hoping that it's a workable possibility. smiley

Post edited by KinnieM on
  • KinnieM said:

just sayin'

RiverSoftArt, if you and/or Sickleyield ever do decide to do a clothes converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 2 I would buy it in a heartbeat!

I prefer using Genesis 2 figures over the newer ones. Here's to hoping that it's a workable possibility. smiley

It certainly should be possible.  But we haven't tried it yet.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    THANK YOU! This makes my library so much more versatile and I won't skip buying stuff from that generation so easily now!
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

It's in the store now, but it looks like DAZ has bolluxed up the discounting for buying multiple items.  :/  Hopefully it'll be cleared up in the morning.

• -Niko- said:
    THANK YOU! This makes my library so much more versatile and I won't skip buying stuff from that generation so easily now!

You're welcome! 

• Cybersox said:

It's in the store now, but it looks like DAZ has bolluxed up the discounting for buying multiple items.  :/  Hopefully it'll be cleared up in the morning.

I was going to post that it was released, but it looks like you all jumped on that way before I could laugh

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

Snagged this first thing while the Keurig was still brewing that all important first cup of coffee.  Now after coffee and breakfast I can start expanding my G8male wardrobe again.  Given the comparatively small amount of clothing made for the males, this is must-buy.  Thank you so much for creating the clothing conversion products.  I have purchased them all so far and if there was a product made to bring Genesis clothing over to the G8 characters, I would purchase that  as well.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

Is there anyway to identify/move stuff that's been converted?

I did a conversion pass on G3-> G8 and realize, now, that I probably should have put it all in a 'converted' directory for organizational purposes... woops.

Oso3D said:

Is there anyway to identify/move stuff that's been converted?

I did a conversion pass on G3-> G8 and realize, now, that I probably should have put it all in a 'converted' directory for organizational purposes... woops.

I ended up making a "converted from g3" and a "converted from g2" directory in the relevant sections of my library

Yeah, but is there a way to put the genie back in the bottle? :)

edited October 2018

If you have a list of what you converted, I think you might be able to manually move all those items to the directory once you create it.  Then just refresh your clothing directory and it may work. of course this might only work if you use DIM rather than DazConnect.

Post edited by Daikatana on

Also, instead of batch converting my whole directory, I am doing it the slow way and making sure everything gets converted.  So far the  sleeveless coat in the asgard cleric set did not get found and converted but I went back loaded the individual file and selected the coat option then force converted it and it came over just fine.

• Oso3D said:

Oso3D said:

A software searching files by date, daz products for g3/g2 can establish old dates for date of creation

Date! Doh! Thank you muchly, that should do the trick.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Got it THANK YOU very much @RiverSoftArt and @SickleYield for your work at this

Daikatana said:

Also, instead of batch converting my whole directory, I am doing it the slow way and making sure everything gets converted.  So far the  sleeveless coat in the asgard cleric set did not get found and converted but I went back loaded the individual file and selected the coat option then force converted it and it came over just fine.

Gah... I appreciate the advantages of doing that, but I can't even imagine how long that would take to do for my runtimes, given that I have nearly 150 G2M outfits and over 500 for G2F.    

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Maybe the awesome duo could fill the gap left from GenX, you guys are doing amazing stuff with the clothing converters and scripts :)

dkgoose said:

Maybe the awesome duo could fill the gap left from GenX, you guys are doing amazing stuff with the clothing converters and scripts :)

If so, I will be hard pressed to keep from amusing myself with the ability to put the Genesis female outfits on the males and vice versa. 

• Daikatana said:

Snagged this first thing while the Keurig was still brewing that all important first cup of coffee.  Now after coffee and breakfast I can start expanding my G8male wardrobe again.  Given the comparatively small amount of clothing made for the males, this is must-buy.  Thank you so much for creating the clothing conversion products.  I have purchased them all so far and if there was a product made to bring Genesis clothing over to the G8 characters, I would purchase that  as well.

You're absolutely welcome!  Thank you for your support.

• Oso3D said:

Date! Doh! Thank you muchly, that should do the trick.

Thank you everyone for helping Oso3D!  Yes, it definitely pays to put things in a converted directory smiley  The date option is the only thing I can think of to fix this now.

• carrie58 said:

Got it THANK YOU very much @RiverSoftArt and @SickleYield for your work at this

You're very welcome! 

• dkgoose said:

Cybersox said:
    dkgoose said:

If so, I will be hard pressed to keep from amusing myself with the ability to put the Genesis female outfits on the males and vice versa. 

Sickleyield mentioned this briefly at one point, but we are so busy that it is not even on the radar yet.

• Cybersox said:
    Daikatana said:

Gah... I appreciate the advantages of doing that, but I can't even imagine how long that would take to do for my runtimes, given that I have nearly 150 G2M outfits and over 500 for G2F.    

I don't have that patience either smiley  What works for me is to batch convert everything.  When I actually need something and I realize it is missing or doesn't look as nice as I would like, I spot convert that outfit.

• Awesome!

dkgoose said:

Cybersox said:
    dkgoose said:

Sickleyield mentioned this briefly at one point, but we are so busy that it is not even on the radar yet.

It definitely should be the lowest priority given how few Genesis outfits were created compared to the other generations and how clunky some of those look now.  I'd much prefer to see converters for the G2s to the G3s before we see a Genesis to G8F set.