Tested a FBX converter to use this format in Bryce

I have find a converter to use FBX files in Bryce (converted to obj).  Although not perfect it does the job.  Seems though that sometimes things go slightly wrong as seen in the sleeve of 1st mannequin which do not show nicely.  In such event postwork needs to be done I suppose.  I was searching for male mannequins and got this.

Although converter work one needs to smooth the model first.  If not, textures do not apply.

 

fbx converted to obj1.jpg
1194 x 563 - 345K
fbx converted to obj2.jpg
1194 x 563 - 276K

Comments

  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 584
    launok said:

    I have find a converter to use FBX files in Bryce (converted to obj).  Although not perfect it does the job.  Seems though that sometimes things go slightly wrong as seen in the sleeve of 1st mannequin which do not show nicely.  In such event postwork needs to be done I suppose.  I was searching for male mannequins and got this.

    Although converter work one needs to smooth the model first.  If not, textures do not apply.

     Although bryce provides for importing FBX files, I could not load one. Apparently, modern FBX files are somewhat different. Moreover, some files can not be converted to an online converter. Mostly this is a freebie from https://sketchfab.com/ and from https://www.cgtrader.com/
    In addition, there are restrictions on file size.
    Laura, if you can send me this converter by mail, I will be very grateful.

  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,356

    I've often found this one reliable for converting files to different formats to bring into Bryce. http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/

    Don't think I've ever tried FBX, but I have used it quite a lot for other formats. There are also options to upload the model's materials to make those compatible your output format too.

  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 584

    I've often found this one reliable for converting files to different formats to bring into Bryce. http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/

    Don't think I've ever tried FBX, but I have used it quite a lot for other formats. There are also options to upload the model's materials to make those compatible your output format too.

    Dave, I use this converter most often. There seems to be a 50 MB file size limit. It spits onto some FBX files.
    Here are not very reliable converters:
    https://www.meshconvert.com/
    http://www.swiftconverter.com/convert_3d

  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,356

    Thanks for those Alex, it's always good to have plenty of options. smiley

  • launoklaunok Posts: 664

    Slepalex - Have send you mail, but I can just as well share the link here for others since it's available directly from Autodesk site.  This is not an online converter, you can download it and install directly on your computer.  I am using 64-bit version but other versions also available.  

    https://www.autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/fbx-converter-archives

  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 584
    launok said:

    Slepalex - Have send you mail, but I can just as well share the link here for others since it's available directly from Autodesk site.  This is not an online converter, you can download it and install directly on your computer.  I am using 64-bit version but other versions also available.  

    https://www.autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/fbx-converter-archives

    Thank you, Laura. I will try.

  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,582
    edited October 22

    Interesting, Laura.

    Jay

    Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,582
    Slepalex said:
    launok said:

    Slepalex - Have send you mail, but I can just as well share the link here for others since it's available directly from Autodesk site.  This is not an online converter, you can download it and install directly on your computer.  I am using 64-bit version but other versions also available.  

    https://www.autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/fbx-converter-archives

    Thank you, Laura. I will try.

     

  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 584
    launok said:

    Slepalex - Have send you mail, but I can just as well share the link here for others since it's available directly from Autodesk site.  This is not an online converter, you can download it and install directly on your computer.  I am using 64-bit version but other versions also available.  

    https://www.autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/fbx-converter-archives

    I installed this converter, opened it, did not understand anything and closed it.

  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 559

    Here ya go Alex.

    Hope this helps.

     

     

    Untitled.jpg
    1032 x 737 - 101K
    Untitled3.jpg
    1033 x 744 - 150K
    Untitled4.jpg
    1027 x 739 - 161K
    Untitled5.jpg
    1030 x 738 - 191K
    Untitled6.jpg
    1034 x 742 - 210K
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 584
    StuartB said:

    Here ya go Alex.

    Hope this helps.

     

    Thanks, I will try.

Sign In or Register to comment.