Expanded Queries

Call me a little OCD, but I like to filter my the heck out of my purchased content. I want to be able to find things like, all my skin textures, by RawArt, for the G3M character and then download those found items. In short, I think it would be great to see an expended query options for both the online Purchase Library and system side Install Manager. Is there any plans to see this in the future?

Comments

• If you want to search products, the Products tab of Smart Content allows qute sophisticated searching - and most items are tagged with the vendor name, among other things.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited October 2018

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/interface/filter_field/advanced_filtering covers the existing searching options in DIM, and the Install Manager Default Filters gives you pre-rolled examples if you isntall it (they appear in the menu from clicking the button to the left of the filter field). If the vendor you are seeking uses "Vanity folder" - and I think that would include for assets and textures since the end of the RegExp uses image file extensions, so it should catch most, Rob offers some text you can put it in that will search for a given name:

file::rx::ci::^.+/RawArt/.+\.(jpg|png)$

and you can then save that, or variants, as filters for future use. See http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/interface/filter_field/start

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Fenrir_LokisonFenrir_Lokison Posts: 3
    edited November 2018

Thanks for the informaiont Richard. It may take me a while to make sense of it and test it, it takes a while for my brain to understand scripting. But, I guess in the meantime the quickest and easiest thing a person can do is go to their library, find the item, go to the item page on your website to get who are the authors of that particular application.

While it is on my mind. Do you have any videos that demonstrate the advanced filtering techniques? That might help my understanding a lot better. I tend to be more of a visual learner on things like this.

Post edited by Fenrir_Lokison on
  • If you find the product for the file in DS (right-click) then you can right-click on that and select More Information to open the readme, which will tell you where the files are and even has a link to the compleet File List (at least for relatively recent content).