Fixing Poke Through (Genesis)

2»

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

thoromyr said:
    Because it has always been a problem, but my normal methods (editing the mesh/creating morphs) don't work with genesis content.
    Wait a sec. I don't see that bug in my list. And if that is true, that is a bug.
  • thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

(Magnets being one, Modeling on posed figures being another, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXZvs716Ov8.)

What would it take to get morph editing to work on genesis clothing (the linked video demonstrates on v4)? That was the genesis (heh) of this thread. Yes, as was I reminded, magnets can be used. But if the poke through isn't susceptible to being fixed by just tugging on the mesh magnets generally don't work. It isn't precise in what happens the way directly editing the mesh is so....

How can we get morph creation and editing on genesis clothing?

edited December 1969

thoromyr said:
    Because it has always been a problem, but my normal methods (editing the mesh/creating morphs) don't work with genesis content.
    Wait a sec. I don't see that bug in my list. And if that is true, that is a bug.

I assure you that I have not been able to create or edit a morph on genesis clothing either as loaded or attempting to "unprotect" the mesh or "unlocking" it (one of Fenric's extensions). If I'm doing something wrong in this regard I would love to hear what it is!

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited September 2013

thoromyr said:
    thoromyr said:

I assure you that I have not been able to create or edit a morph on genesis clothing either as loaded or attempting to "unprotect" the mesh or "unlocking" it (one of Fenric's extensions). If I'm doing something wrong in this regard I would love to hear what it is!Please "Submit a request" on this in Zendesk and get me the ticket number. I am going to have to get a closer look at it, but I can't spend lots of time on things that don't have tickets.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/tickets/new

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
    edited December 1969

Please "Submit a request" on this in Zendesk and get me the ticket number. I am going to have to get a closer look at it, but I can't spend lots of time on things that don't have tickets.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/tickets/new

Understood. Thanks!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited April 2016

i submitted a ticket on poke through, asked for some kind of offset option.

the reply was a link to this thread.

Ticket #216359: pokethrough carrara softbody, any settings to prevent?

i'm not up to trying on genesis, ise trying with the rocking chair in native content.

Post edited by Mistara on