Render not matching view

I'm having a real hard time with rendering. Some of the YoutTube vids seem out of date. Looking for new 2018/2019 Tutorials if possible.

However, if that's not the case, my viewport show a bright image, while rendering is super dark. I added 2 lights, but don't know why the difference.

render_dark.jpg
604 x 828 - 134K

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

The viewport image is not a good indication of what the final lighting will be. If you have not already done so you might left click the View pull down menu (top right of the viewport, on my system at least) and select any spotlights you have added and move them about until they are pointing correctly at your figure. If the lights you added were not spotlights then you can select them in the Scene tab and then move tem into the right position. In all cases you may have to adjust the light variables such as Intensity, Luminous Flux (brightness), Temperature (colour) etc until you get the effect you want. It may sound complex if you are not familiar with 3d lighting, and it is! However, to get good images you need to get the lighting right. There are many tutorials on lighting available if you need them. HDRI lighting can give an overall lighting which is pretty good and requires rather less effort to set up; there are tutorials for that too.

Good luck.

• Thanks for the advice "Issac" I'll mess around with that a bitl