217 frames every saved scene WHY?????

why does every animated scene in DAZ studio  I save no matter how long always open with only 217 frames

it is consistent and driving me nuts

Comments

• Does DS auto-load a scene with that many frames?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

Does DS auto-load a scene with that many frames?

no 30

I have tried to find something in settings

it often has the total frames correct but range is always 217 every time

• just did a quick test on this and i've only been able to replicate this in one situation.

It appears that by default, even if you go nuts on the number of frames(total box), 2160 or even 50k in my case, the range visually maxes at 217 when you add to the total frames.

but this doesn't appear to be a hard limit and i was only able to replicate it if i saved with the range set to 217 max.

If i saved with a range higher it loaded just fine showing the proper amount of frames, 2160 or 50k respectively.

Have you tried upping the range to match the total frames and resaving?

You said that when you load a scene the total frames, furtherest left box in time line, shows the correct number of frames, but range only shows 217.

Does your time line have a second line above it? (see attached image)

If it does, it means you are zoomed in on the time line.

If you move the down arrow, left red box, to the right it will increase the overall range seen on screen, and increase max range.

the inverse is also true. Moving to the left zooms in to a minimum of 5 frames, anything lower i had to manually enter.

time line1.png
    1161 x 164 - 5K

interesting 

I will need to check that next time but it does stop rendering at the 217, I have been caught out a few times.

I am not by any means new to using DAZ studio and I certainly don't believe it always did this, I am using the beta.

the range does only say 0 and 217 btw and changing it to the total will give all my animation as it was pre saved scene.

• you mentioned render's stopping at 217.

i just did a quick check, and if the range in timeline is maxed at 217 than the range for render will default to 217.

But the value in render settings can be changed to greater/lesser values, upto the total of the animation.

Also if you move the slider in time line to "zoom out" it changes the value in render setting as well.

Entering a higher/lower values in the timeline range changes the values in render settings to match,  but changing the range in render settings doesn't change the time line settings.

Did you try resaving with the altered values?

Be sure to close out daz studio before you try to reload.

I've found using the "new" option, since about 4.5 or so, to be a major C.F. when trying to troubleshoot weird issues.

Doesn't always seem to clear stuff out for me.

and you have to reset render settings manually via the default button(which doesn't reset all the values to default)

well I do that already, change the range

does not explain why this is happening, 

fortunately I don't render in DAZ studio as much as other software cheeky because of many weird things it does

I mosty only save a scene for backup anyway, just rendering it without closing DS I don't have to deal with this issue

it is an issue loading saved scenes

• I just saw this thread.  I have the SAME annoying issue; seems that anytime you change a range, it automatically defaults back to a final frame of 217.  Even if you have 3000 frames, they don't disappear, you just have to keep changing the ending frame range number.  AWFUL; especially if you're working on frame 2821 and you need 500 extra frames.  Also, now that DAZ has introduced this "autofill ahead" feature, you have to do a lot of hit and miss to change your frame count or get to one of your specific frames.  Try it.  As soon as you hit a key, it flies to your max frame and you need to hit backspace and delete a few times to get it to stop... same thing if you change your current frame- it's actually worse.  You need to go out into notepad, type your frame, then paste it in to make it work.  

To DAZ, this must be very low on the priority list of a multitude of bugs... they never seem to fix it and evey time you ask they want you to send them a file as if it's something you did to cause it...

Ok, back to the fight; soapbox available...

edited July 2020

yeah typing in DAZ studio has always been weird, it won't honour backspace, but you can highlight and type over

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • I just saw this thread.  I have the SAME annoying issue; seems that anytime you change a range, it automatically defaults back to a final frame of 217.  Even if you have 3000 frames, they don't disappear, you just have to keep changing the ending frame range number.  AWFUL; especially if you're working on frame 2821 and you need 500 extra frames.  Also, now that DAZ has introduced this "autofill ahead" feature, you have to do a lot of hit and miss to change your frame count or get to one of your specific frames.  Try it.  As soon as you hit a key, it flies to your max frame and you need to hit backspace and delete a few times to get it to stop... same thing if you change your current frame- it's actually worse.  You need to go out into notepad, type your frame, then paste it in to make it work.  

To DAZ, this must be very low on the priority list of a multitude of bugs... they never seem to fix it and evey time you ask they want you to send them a file as if it's something you did to cause it...

Ok, back to the fight; soapbox available...

And you are using daz Sttudio 4.12.1.118? It sets the high value of the range to 217 if I increase the total, but I have no trouble typing a new, higher value into the box.

• I just ran into the same problem

My Total frames is set to 500 but the timeline will only show 217

Clicking the button to go to the end only takes me to frame 217

Typing a number into the Current frame # won't take me past 217 either

There appears to be no way to scroll past this number unless I am not seeing something

4.12.1.118 is the version

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited July 2020

Are you editing the highlighted number? I typed 501 in the first box, hit return, typed 500 in ther second, hit return

Play range.jpg
    401 x 113 - 10K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

yeah total needs to be done before range

• OIC

I assumed that I'd be able to scroll it using the mouse and didn't realize that I had to manually type in the numbers.