How to use DS 'Iray Lights for Urban Future 3'

HeraHera Posts: 1,952

Hello!

What am I doing wrong with this product? https://www.daz3d.com/ds-iray-lights-for-urban-future-3

* I load Stonemason's "UF3"
* I open 'Iray Lights for Urban Future 3'
* I apply the iRay materials to the prop set
* I apply the lights
* I apply the render settings

Then I render - and the only thing happening is a bluish render. No lights have been loaded, no iRay materials have been applied.

I've uninstalled and re-downloaded the product to no avail.
 I'm running DAZ 4.10.0.107 64 B

Post edited by Hera on

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

You will note that the promos have a bluish cast. I suspect that a filter or HDRI has been loaded which creates the bluish cast. Possibly (probably) Dreamlight being "artistic".

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited October 2018

Hello!
    Is there anyone who knows how this product works? ? https://www.daz3d.com/ds-iray-lights-for-urban-future-3

I cannot get it to work.

* I load Stonemason's "UF3"
    * I open 'Iray Lights for Urban Future 3'
    * I click on "apply the iRay materials to the prop set"
    * I click on "apply the lights"
    * I click on "apply the render settings"

Then I render - and the only thing happening is a bluish render. No lights have been loaded, no iRay materials have been applied to the props.

And of course there's no readme or anything available telling me that what I'm doing is not 'loading lights' or 'loading iRay mats' but loading morphs or something, so I'm totally at hos to use this product.

I've uninstalled and re-downloaded the product to no avail.
     I'm running DAZ 4.10.0.107 64 B

Post edited by Hera on
  • Maybe it's set to Sun-Sky mode in environment? I know when I do the Urban Futures 5 light kit thing, my environment switches to that and I have to set it to either dome and scene or just scene, I can't recall. Give that a try. Hope it works! 

• merged threads, please don't double post.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

No, my main problem is that I cannot get the functions to trigger.

* I click on "apply iRay mats to the prop set" - NOTHING HAPPENS
    * I click on "load lights" - it loads ONE light - a 'sun' , nothing more, not those lights which seem to be used in the promos.

The main reason why I bought this was that I wanted the iray materials including the emissive in this products and they do not work or I am doing something wrong when I load them, but I don't know what.  

Is there anyone who owns this product and has got it to work?
    Where do I find help on this product??!