Unlocking HD

Only vendors have access to making things HD, I know.

I would like to know if later I become a vendor, would a figure with a Normal map for added detail be able to convert that Normal map into HD, or would I just be better off saving the higher rez figure in ZBrush for conversion later if I became a vendor.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• RKane_1 said:

I would like to know if later I become a vendor, would a figure with a Normal map for added detail be able to convert that Normal map into HD, or would I just be better off saving the higher rez figure in ZBrush for conversion later if I became a vendor.

Thanks for your help.

I don't think there's a way to go from a normal map to HD, it would be a function of the modeller anyway not a DS thing. So yes, keep the high-res version as a ZBrush file I would think.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    RKane_1 said:

Thanks for your help.

I don't think there's a way to go from a normal map to HD, it would be a function of the modeller anyway not a DS thing. So yes, keep the high-res version as a ZBrush file I would think.

Thank you, Richard. At least I can go ahead and transfer higher rez stuff to a normal map until HD is unlocked. Thanks for the response. :)