I need help to find 3d delight stuff.

Right now I'm working with pw toon and I need help to find enviromentlike ground for 3d delight. Shaders, ect ect. I do not have time to sit and search in the shop for several hours so if someone have an easy way to find 3d delight stuff please let me know.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Just to be clear: do you want to combine "regular" 3DL items and "pwtooned" items in your render?

Because if you plan to apply pwtoon shaders to everything then whether or not the product has 3DL materials included doesn't really matter since you'll be replacing the materials anyway.

• If you intend to use pwToon you will be converting anyway, so you don't need to limit yourself to 3Delight - though it's probably true that not everything will work nicely with pwToon.

• SeventhRoar666SeventhRoar666 Posts: 126
    edited October 2018

Iray gives out a serious amount of bugs if you try to use Iray graphics with PW toon. It's like rolling a dice, it might work but it might also give out graphics bugs, so no thanks. I tried that road before. I need 3D delight and it makes me frustrated that you can't just search for graphics with 3d delight support.

Pwtoon makes INSANE fast renders. So, for gaming it's a must.

Post edited by SeventhRoar666 on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

I use PWToon all the time and am not sure what you mean by that.

I find RSSY Iray to 3DL speeds up the process, but it's not necessary as such.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Like @Oso3D I also tend to use RSSY Iray to 3DL when working with pwToon and Visual Style Shaders. I've found it to be pretty useful for giving me a clean starting point.

• SeventhRoar666SeventhRoar666 Posts: 126
    edited October 2018

The speed I render with PWtoon is around 6 times faster than Iray and normal 3D delight. Because to make 3D delight look good you need to have tons of light sources and it really slows down rendering a lot. So, I'm using it for games.

The key to successs with PW toon is to avoid too much light sources, but i'm sure you already know that.

Still we losing the topic here, I just need 3d delight stuff and if you know how to find it with ease, please tell. If we losing topic some mod will show up deleting it with some strange excuse like they always do for me.

I will try this converter though, THANK YOU for that Molly.

Post edited by SeventhRoar666 on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

Try anything released before Iray was introduced to DS, everything before that will be optimised for either 3dl or Posers firefly.

But you also need to be aware of the difference, Iray and 3dl are rendering engines and therefore require different shaders; PWToon is made for 3dl and does not work in Iray, applying PWToon to things means they are now optimised for 3dl.