Can anyone explain in decent details how the Store Credit and gift cards work?

PookPook Posts: 121

I'm hoping some of you out there can help me, because I just.... don't get this at all.

I originally thought that the whole "gift card" thing was literally that - a "one shot and it's gone" type thing, but now it appears I might have got this wrong. If I were to get a Gift Card of say $10, and then redeem that, does it then add the $10 to my Store Credit - and if I then don't use it, but get another gift card for $10, and redeem that, does it mean I've got $20 listed as store credit?

Part of me hopes that it works in a similar way to the Steam store credit, and it'll just sit there until I use it and if I add £5 to it, I get another £5 in my account (I'm UK based, and I don't like working in dollars!) - I can't afford big splurges on content, but would love to be able to put a small amount onto the Daz 3D account on a monthly basis.

Can someone out there help me, please?

Comments

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Yes, you are right.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

You can bank as much store credit as you want. You buy the card for someone (I buy them for myself, truthfully) and then when you redeem it you get the store credit. If you buy another, you get more store credit. I don't think there's a limit but DAZ would have to weigh in on that, I've certainly never hit one!

Then when you buy stuff, at checkout you can specify if you want to apply store credit to  your order.  If the order costs more than the available credit, you need to use another payment type for the remainder. 

Hope this helps.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

That is how it works :) 

You buy a giftcard in the amount you choose, redeem that card when you get it and have that in Store Credit to use or save there as you wish. If you than buy another gift card and redeem that, it only adds to the Store Credit you already have :)

• PookPook Posts: 121

... That's brilliant! Thanks all - I might have to go and start stocking up on gift cards soon!

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
    edited October 2018

What you want to do is grab the discount at some kind of percent off so that a 10% off a 100 dollar gift card will only cost you $90.

(but still give you $100 in credit)

It's like getting $10 for free for forking over some amount to Daz early and on the opposite end, gift card money doesn't quite feel like spending your regular cash

-cause, well

It's credit.
    So you spend it more quickly. It's a win-win situation.

Post edited by Griffin Avid on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

What you want to do is grab the discount at some kind of percent off so that a 10% off a 100 dollar gift card will only cost you $90.

(but still give you $100 in credit)

It's like getting $10 for free for forking over some amount to Daz early and on the opposite end, gift card money doesn't quite feel like spending your regular cash

-cause, well

It's credit.
    So you spend it more quickly. It's a win-win situation.

Exactly I just bought a $300 one with a 24% off discount, came out to around $60 free product

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

1 buy a gift card.

2 apply it to your account.

3 admire the lovely balance, thinking it will last ages.

4 realise you'll spend more cause it's there!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,209

There are a couple things you need to be aware of:

1. When you buy a gift card for yourself, you are supposed to receive an email with the gift card code. Sometimes you get two emails due to some glitch in the Daz Store. Usually one code will work and the other won't. So, if the first one you try doesn't work. just try the one in the next email.
    2. After you click to redeem the gift card, there is no feedback that it actually worked. You have to check the Store Credit balance in your account to verify that the credit was added.
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Pook said:

... That's brilliant! Thanks all - I might have to go and start stocking up on gift cards soon!

Store credit is basically the only way I buy things here these days - it's a great deal if you can get the Gift Cards when they are on sale. :)

Plus every once in a while you see someone post about how their credit card or paypal was charged full price for their cart full of items - instead of the discount they saw before checkout. It's a weird glitch that happens very rarely but it does happen on a rare occasion. They always make it right, from what I can tell from the posts I've read about it. But paying with store credit seems to negate the chance of the glitch happening.

• Hi I just want to ask about another option,can someone buy a gift code for himself and then send it to me so I will redeem it? 

I'm asking because I'm getting commission for 3D works and instead of being payed througt other means I'd like to receive donations with codes without giving away my email,thanks for the help.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Hi I just want to ask about another option,can someone buy a gift code for himself and then send it to me so I will redeem it? 

I'm asking because I'm getting commission for 3D works and instead of being payed througt other means I'd like to receive donations with codes without giving away my email,thanks for the help.

Are you asking if your client can buy a gift cert for himself, and then send you the code on it?    The answer to that question is yes,  as often people who have promosed prizes for contests and challenges will take advantage of GC offers and buy the prizes in advance.

I don't see how this will stop any email exchange though,  as said client will still need to get the code to you,