Problems with Bend of the River

nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 774

I cannot turn on thing like tree leaves and berries in "Bend of the River".  If I click on the "eye" to turn on "Tree Leaves", it does not open.  If I click on "Visible" in parameters, it turns on, then turns off again.  What do I need to do?

I have an Core i7 8700K systen with 32GB of system memory, and a GTX 1070 with 8GM of video memory.

BendOfTheRiver.JPG
528 x 1311 - 85K
Post edited by nakamuram002 on

Comments

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited October 2018

From the Read Me: 

To Control visibility for the hi-density items like “More Plants” Group there is a visibility button named “Visibility in Preview” located on the root group in the parameters tab. Promo Image 12 illustrates this. By default, this is set to off to make it easier to move around in the scene.

BendInRiver.jpg
    728 x 1140 - 109K
    Post edited by frankrblow on
  • Thanks for your reply dragonfly_2004.  Your suggestion worked.  On my system (DS 4.10.0.123 latest release), if "Visible in Preview" is turned off, none of the "detail items" (grass, leaves, berries, flowers) are rendered, even though their respective "Visible in Render" is on.  

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited October 2018

I suggest you set "Instance Optimization" to memory with that set.  Its a good thing to do with any set that uses instances

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • AnitaLeeAnitaLee Posts: 41

I had not used this product at all yet because of this, finally decided to figure this out.  Thank you for helping me with really seems simple now, lol