Fresh install on new PC. CMS, DIM, just a few q's left...

Windows 10
Documents and Downloads were relocated from c: to D: before installation of dim, studio, and cms
so below are my only ongoing possible concerns....

c: users | name | AppData | Roaming | DAZ 3D |

-- cms (here's where the Content Cluster resides)
-- dson (don't care)
-- InstallManager | (also has log files) (don't care)
-- Studio4 | (has temps and log files) (render, renderalbumtmp, texture converter)

------------------------------------------------------
c: users | Public | Public Documents | DAZ 3D |

-- InstallManager ( holds manifest files, thumbnails, filters--ask b/c no filters installed )

Looks like this can be moved. DIM has a place to note the paths for the manifests and thumbs.

4 Questions:

A. Since appdata stuff isnt recommended to be moved I think I'm stuck with CMS Cluster--but maybe in the end it doesn't matter BUT

because Studio is the only one that uses its own temp folders can they be moved? Or does it matter (thinking of all the writing during renders and image optimizations)

B. I'll move the 'public' DIM stuff and tell DIM where. But it didn't install any filters for searching in DIM? I can use the old folder (saved from old machine) but curious.

C. If DIM thinks stuff is installed into My Library but there's nothing there, can I uninstall those prods anyway and DIM will put them in Ready to Download (don't ask)?

D. I forgot, sigh.

Comments

• A you can set the Content Cluster location in Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings, the Temp folder in the General tab

B not sure what you mean - the CMS filters aren't content so aren't affected by the path

C Yes

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

Love ya, Richard!! Thanks so much.

Not worried about filter path--I guess they're considered separate content not part of the DIM program itself (these are the ones you select inside DIM to filter what you see, like ranges of product skus). No  problem, just curious.

• Ah, there should be a Default Install Manager Filters (from memory) package.