Problems accessing forum

jrm21jrm21 Posts: 140
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

For the past several days, I am having trouble access the forum. One page will load and then I will get an "Error 502 - Bad Gateway" page telling me the "website is offline." See attached screenshot.

This has been happening very regularly.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix?

screen1.jpg
800 x 626 - 27K

Comments

• edited December 1969

Hi,

I'm exactly in the same situation. It seems to be a cookie problem. 2 solutions : use another web browser or log out you account, quit and log in. This will refresh your cookie. It works for me.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I get this ALL the time. I can usually read the list of topics but none of the actual threads. Just more DAZ abuse. I'm over fighting with a forum where half the posts are deleted anyway.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

jrm21 said:
    For the past several days, I am having trouble access the forum. One page will load and then I will get an "Error 502 - Bad Gateway" page telling me the "website is offline." See attached screenshot.

This has been happening very regularly.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix?

This does happen from time to time, and the best thing is to use your back button and try again at whatever it was you were doing. If it is happening continually then it is possible that you have a corrupted Daz cookie, trying clearing out your daz cookies and let the forum build them again.

Also clearing your cache regularly does help some issues.

Edited to add I notice it tells you that the Ashburn cloud is OK. I do wonder where that is, as last time I got that error (this morning UK time) I had the same cloud flare ticked, but ours normally comes from the UK or Europe.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,850
    edited September 2013

Just clear your DAZ cookies and it should work again. There are actually DAZ forum cookies, you can just delete those.

I noticed the issue several days ago myself and searched the forum and got that fix from this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27526/

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • jrm21jrm21 Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

I have cleared the DAZ cookies in my browser. Hopefully that will work. I don't see the connection between a cookie and a message from "Cloudflare" stating that the website is down... not very intuitive. They sure don't make it easy.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Huh. For once I'm not the one with web issues.

I haven't had anything like that in maybe a few months.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

jrm21 said:
    I have cleared the DAZ cookies in my browser. Hopefully that will work. I don't see the connection between a cookie and a message from "Cloudflare" stating that the website is down... not very intuitive. They sure don't make it easy.

Apparently it is a connection between the Daz Cookie and the way some browsers, particularly FireFox, handle cookies when Daz has removed a bad cookie and FF retains it.

Logout and back in. It will reset the cookie in Firefox which seems, the way it delivers up when expired, causes the forum software to error out. We're looking at a short term fix to this before we move onto a new forum software that is a lot better than this current one.

Post edited by Chohole on