COUPONIA-8 NOT WORKING!!

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815

Well coupon two was only put live for one hour and its been a bit over an hour now so it may now be expired.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

rooms environments something like that.  I know I wanted Paris room cna't remember the discount now.  I'm going to bed now, tired of looking at this computer screen

https://www.daz3d.com/paris-room

paris-room-00-main-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 272K

Goodnight, sleep well smileyheart

nice try Daz ann, coupon 2 ws not live for an hour, been sitting here all day, this coupon never worked from morning

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

nice try Daz ann, coupon 2 ws not live for an hour, been sitting here all day, this coupon never worked from morning

Agreed. I have been trying it since I asked and it's not worked. Appreciate it anyway. The items will go on sale again.

edited October 2018

Others had reported it working after I initially said it went live again. I am sorry that it wasn't working for you, but by the time I had caught and verified that, it had been 1hr and 15 min from when it had went live. I am sorry for any inconvenience. I had thought it was working sad

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Sorry don't mean to beat a dead horse but principle, no one seem to have reported coupon 2 as working even after you said it would be.

On coupon 2, if you still had items you had wanted to get and couldnt seem to get it working, please put in a Support Ticket and let them know the coupon wasn't working for you smiley

On coupon 2, if you still had items you had wanted to get and couldnt seem to get it working, please put in a Support Ticket and let them know the coupon wasn't working for you smiley

ok thanks

edited October 2018

Sorry don't mean to beat a dead horse but principle, no one seem to have reported coupon 2 as working even after you said it would be.

I should clarify (and its a fair point) I'd waited and no one had said in the first 15-20 minutes it wasnt working, so I had assumed it was. You know what they say about assuming - so that is on me. Id thought it was ok. Knowing how many threads popped up on the coupons, Id thought if there was an issue Id have seen mention fairly quickly. When I got the thank you from the person who requested it, Id thought that was them confirming it worked (which is why Id said right after glad to know its all working) I tried, I failed. I am sorry...the coupon obviously is possessed by the souls of evil imps intent on giving me a hard time LOL. The coupon has worked for some but but it seems possibly not for others. I am unsure why. That said, please do put in the support ticket as Support will happily look into it for you smiley

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

PS (Being silly)

This is a public service announcement: Please be kind to dead horses...they have been through enough - (I mean this time of year they have headless guys riding around on them and all sorts of things) LOL

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

And please be kind to the mods - as far as I know they are volunteers (correct me if I'm wrong). But even if they weren't volunteers, please be kind anyway. :)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686
    daveso said:
    L'Adair said:

What surprises me is I haven't seen a single mod in any of the threads I'm watching. Usually someone comes in and lets us know the issue has been reported, especially in the sales thread. It's like the lights are on but nobody's here!

Was wondering about that as well. I should post some nude images or insult another member to see if they are still around, LOL

Thanks for the laughs!

• RSand55RSand55 Posts: 155

Others worked. COUPONIA-8 did not and I did not get a light pack I wanted.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    L'Adair said:

What surprises me is I haven't seen a single mod in any of the threads I'm watching. Usually someone comes in and lets us know the issue has been reported, especially in the sales thread. It's like the lights are on but nobody's here!

That's what I was thinking too.  Usually they pop in and say 'we're looking into it' or some other kind of platitude.frown

daveso said:
    L'Adair said:

Was wondering about that as well. I should post some nude images or insult another member to see if they are still around, LOL

Meeeeeeeow.  Yes, bring on the nudes!laugh

Kaleb242 said:
    Kaleb242 said:

COUPONIA-8 not working for me either... 

COUPON #8
    FOR A VERY LIMITED TIME - SAVE NOW WHILE YOU CAN

Use coupon code COUPONIA-8 to redeem this deal:

BUY 1 Featured Special Item or New Release (over $1)
    SHOP ALL FEATURED SPECIAL ITEMS to get 70% OFF** Featured Lights from this category
    SHOP ALL FEATURED LIGHTS

**EXCLUDES NEW RELEASES & PC PLUS ITEMS, ITEMS MUST BE CART SIMULTANEOUSLY FOR DISCOUNT TO APPLY

It's weird... the logic seems wrong — BUY 1 new release... excludes new releases.
    I tried using 1 featured item and a few featured lights, that also failed...

Yeah, a while back we discussed what the deal is with  the requirement of a new release for the coupon, then below it clearly states 'excludes new releases'.  Do they think we don't read every single work associated with a coupon????

The coupons should now be working (5, 7, 8) ...please let me know if there are still any issues smiley

COUPONIA-8 is still NOT working for me.  It's Saturday, Oct 13, 10:49AM CST.  

This is maddening.  I have 2 required products in my cart and still getting the 'invalid' message. angry  C'mon mods, store Gods or whoever.. take care of this!!!!!!!!!!

edited October 2018

Sorry Ann, but ths is unacceptable.  I don't care how dead the horse is.  The coupon 8 was up and active and I tried multiple times yesterday and last night and nothing.  Now nothing today either, and the coupon is still active.  You can be as nice as you want, but this is crap. If no one complains in the first 15 or 20 minutes, maybe ppl are at work, or living their lives and not hanging on the edge of their seat waiting for another coupon.  I was busy yesterday and didn't check here til after noon, and I have no idea how long the coupon 8 had been live.  So just because it wasn't reported doesn't mean you can 'assume' it was working. This isn't a funny 'LOL' moment.  Ppl wait for these sales and discounted merchandise, and when it doesn't work, it's not a matter you blow off and say 'just put in a ticket and they'll take care of it'.  Ppl are frustrated that yet another Daz sale has 'issues' and rather than fix it, we all send in a massive amount of tickets?  Not funny.

I put a support ticket in yesterday and never got one of the computer generated replies. I sent them screenshots of my cart with the date and time, and also a copy of the image of the couponia-8 promo.  I told them if coupon-8 goes away, they owe me the discount that was advertised with coupon-8. 

Post edited by sapat on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Lets add to this the small problem DAZ's european or australian customers might have, when such problems turn up - couponia 7 and 8 came already late after midnight for me; any solution would have been only available after I finally went to bed - which isn't really that satisfying.

So considering that out of eight coupons many people were not able to make use of three of them I can't stop thinking of how other companies doing business on the web handle situations, in which there customers can't use their services... server downtimes in online games usually lead to free gametime or suff been given in the game as an apology. Shops might give away some store credit...

Will be interesting to see, if there's any kind of compensation by DAZ... devil

I've worked with vendors from Australia and I know they're 15 hours ahead of me, so they'd be like 17 hours ahead of Daz.  I have no idea how you guys do it!

I see couponia-8 has left the building....frown

• sapat said:

I see couponia-8 has left the building....frown

The banner was not there when I came on this morning, I imagine it came down at Daz midnight.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited October 2018
    Kaleb242 said:

COUPON #8

SHOP ALL FEATURED SPECIAL ITEMS to get 70% OFF** Featured Lights from this category
    SHOP ALL FEATURED LIGHTS

**EXCLUDES NEW RELEASES & PC PLUS ITEMS, ITEMS MUST BE CART SIMULTANEOUSLY FOR DISCOUNT TO APPLY

It's weird... the logic seems wrong — BUY 1 new release... excludes new releases.

sapat said:

Yeah, a while back we discussed what the deal is with  the requirement of a new release for the coupon, then below it clearly states 'excludes new releases'.  Do they think we don't read every single work associated with a coupon????

I have been a thorn in Daz's foot about poorly written and/or confusing adcopy for years, but in this case, Daz got it right.

What the adcopy basically states is buy one qualifying product, and get 70% off items in the specified category. The copy uses two asterisks, **, to indicate there is a footnote to the 70% off, and the footnote, preceeded by two asterisks, indicates the 70% off does not include new releases or PC+ products, and that all items must be in the cart at the same time for the discount to apply. This is common advertising practice, and you'll see it in print as well as online.

That the coupons weren't set up correctly on the site is a separate issue from the adcopy. And when an offer doesn't work, it's easy to poke at everything, including the wording of an offer. I shared your frustration last night. And I wasn't pleased that the mods seemed to be ignoring all of us. It's interesting to note that almost as soon as Ann noticed the issue, it was resolved. I think it's fair to say no one mod works the forums 24 hours a day. Perhaps the mod(s) responsible for earlier in the day had problems that kept them from logging in, just coincidence it was on the same day. Stranger things have happened.

It is frustrating that one has to resort to Customer Service and a trouble ticket to take advantage of any of the coupons. But there is really nothing Ann could have done beyond reporting the coupons weren't working. Fixing the site, and putting back a previous offer, was up to the tech people.

Personally, I still think all eight coupons should have been up and working for the last few hours of the day, once it was determined there were so many problems throughout the day, complete with the banners on the shop page to alert people the coupons were live again, as well as on the sales page so the links were also active. It's what I would have recommended, as a marketing consultant, if Daz were my client.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

perhaps DAZ can make good and throw up a special with the coupons on Monday ... 24 hours for all of them so people can take advantage that dont live in U.S. 

edited October 2018
    L'Adair said:
    Kaleb242 said:

COUPON #8

SHOP ALL FEATURED LIGHTS

sapat said:

I have been a thorn in Daz's foot about poorly written and/or confusing adcopy for years, but in this case, Daz got it right.

What the adcopy basically states is buy one qualifying product, and get 70% off items in the specified category. The copy uses two asterisks, **, to indicate there is a footnote to the 70% off, and the footnote, preceeded by two asterisks, indicates the 70% off does not include new releases or PC+ products, and that all items must be in the cart at the same time for the discount to apply. This is common advertising practice, and you'll see it in print as well as online.

That the coupons weren't set up correctly on the site is a separate issue from the adcopy. And when an offer doesn't work, it's easy to poke at everything, including the wording of an offer. I shared your frustration last night. And I wasn't pleased that the mods seemed to be ignoring all of us. It's interesting to note that almost as soon as Ann noticed the issue, it was resolved. I think it's fair to say no one mod works the forums 24 hours a day. Perhaps the mod(s) responsible for earlier in the day had problems that kept them from logging in, just coincidence it was on the same day. Stranger things have happened.

It is frustrating that one has to resort to Customer Service and a trouble ticket to take advantage of any of the coupons. But there is really nothing Ann could have done beyond reporting the coupons weren't working. Fixing the site, and putting back a previous offer, was up to the tech people.

Personally, I still think all eight coupons should have been up and working for the last few hours of the day, once it was determined there were so many problems throughout the day, complete with the banners on the shop page to alert people the coupons were live again, as well as on the sales page so the links were also active. It's what I would have recommended, as a marketing consultant, if Daz were my client.

OMG, you exprlained and I STILL don't get it.  There were so many known issues for most of us, and so many tickets were submitted, that someone in the office should have gotten lots of PM's from Mods saying 'hey, the majority of ppl are gettin invalid coupon messages and can't use them'  Just some hope from above was what we needed.  The famous words of all the mods over the years 'we are aware of the problem and are working on it'.  We didn' even hear that did we?

And yes daveso, it seems like EU and Pan Asian countries have always gotten the short end of the stick unless you strategize to think  like this....'ok, I'm 17 hours ahead of Daz, so what time do I need to set my alarm to be awake and participate in the sale before it goes away?'

AFAIC, Daz screwed the pooch on this, and they're going to have a lot of tickets to sift through today.

Post edited by sapat on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    sapat said:

OMG, you exprlained and I STILL don't get it. 

Okay, here is an overly-simplified explanation.

• Some adcopy here.
    • Some more adcopy including the **
    • ** followed by exclusions that only apply to the line above with the **

I feel sorry for the folks in Customer Service today. I'm pretty sure they will be swamped with support tickets.

L'Adair said:
    sapat said:

OMG, you exprlained and I STILL don't get it. 

Okay, here is an overly-simplified explanation.

• Some adcopy here.
    • Some more adcopy including the **
    • ** followed by exclusions that only apply to the line above with the **

I feel sorry for the folks in Customer Service today. I'm pretty sure they will be swamped with support tickets.

Oh, ok.  Thanks, I need simple.  Simple is better (for me). indecision

Yes, I'm sure they are.  I've never even got my generated email that you get after putting in a support ticket. 

I am sorry for the coupon issues you all were experiencing. In an effort to make this process a bit more streamlined so we can resolve issues faster, we have created a thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/283911/platinum-club-sale-issues-report-thread#latest where people can report any issues as they spot them to us.

Often the issue is (as far as Moderation Staff) that we are having to review new posts all over the forums trying to find the reports before we can get to troubleshooting or trying to help with them. Once we find the various threads, we then are having to reply to multiple people in multiple threads on the same issue (basically telling separate people this is resolved or being looked into etc) which can cause us to potentially miss other reports. It is our hope that by giving one spot, we will be more efficiently able to spend our time helping assist in clarifying and resolving issues rather than searching for the reports and trying to separately reply to everyone. We apologize for any inconvenience and we hope you will work with us to make this process efficient so no one has to miss a sale and hopefully we can decrease the support tickets as well. 

Yay, that's great news Ann!  Hopefully a dedicated thread will help all the frustration most of us went through with couponia. I submitted a ticket the day I couldn't get it work, and haven't heard back which is unusual, so maybe they''re overwhelmed with tickets.